• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oscar Pistorius

Behave!

hqdefault.jpg

I see absolutely no need to have this trial on TV. It's just farcical. Popular public demand? Tough shit - the family and friends of the victim (who I agree appears to have been forgotten in amongst the media furore) just want to see justice done.

It's just an absolute circus and I find the whole thing very distasteful indeed.

Yet sky news seem to be giving hours of air time over to it. Very sad really.

It shouldn't be on TV but the fact it is will mean Sky News and co will give this a lot of airtime and will also get a lot of viewers, such is the high profile of the accused.

I think I will just wait for the Movie to come out...

Roses are red
Violets are glorious
Never sneak up
On Oscar Pistorius.

This trial seems to be going on for a very long time. I wonder how long it will last.

It will finish today, bar closing arguments. And then the judge will take six months to deliberate.

Judge dismisses all witness evidence and is going to rely on technology.

Seems like he's escaped the worst possible outcome at least, Judge reckons the state have failed to prove intent for pre-meditated murder.

Yeah, looking like she's going with his version of events.

He's gonna do an OJ here...

I'm not so sure she is, seems to have dismissed or belittled every bit of evidence he's provided, just that there was very little evidence to suggest that they'd had any prior falling out or anything to provide the intent for pre-meditated murder, so with having to prove beyond reasonable doubt that was always going to make things difficult.

You'd think firing 4 shots opposed to one makes a decent case for intent to murder though.

Moral of the story:, if your'e gonna have a holiday in South Africa be careful where you take a dump!

Seems odd that the judge has declared 'How could the accused have reasonably foreseen the shot he fired would have killed the deceased? Clearly he did not subjectively foresee this, that he would have killed the person behind the door, let alone the deceased'.

If you're firing 4 shots at someone in an small room you'd think there's a fair chance you're going to kill them? Especially when you're using bullets designed to do more damage. I'd have thought there was every chance he could foresee he might kill whoever happened to be inside.

Seems odd that the judge has declared 'How could the accused have reasonably foreseen the shot he fired would have killed the deceased? Clearly he did not subjectively foresee this, that he would have killed the person behind the door, let alone the deceased'.

If you're firing 4 shots at someone in an small room you'd think there's a fair chance you're going to kill them? Especially when you're using bullets designed to do more damage. I'd have thought there was every chance he could foresee he might kill whoever happened to be inside.

That's ridiculous isn't it. In the same way, how could he foresee that four shots would NOT have killed the person in the room. Clearly, firing 4 shots shows the intent to kill. He could have fired a shot at the ceiling if he just wanted to scare someone away.

Fooking hell this is verdict is mad.

After basically saying he didn't act like a reasonable person and acted too hastily and used excessive force.........the judge decides that after 2 breaks, a lunch and a couple of hours of talking her day is done and will carry on tomorrow.

It's dragging on longer than a World Cup draw.

Farcical.

I hope they used the Eastenders drum beat to end the session.

Left it on a cliffhanger and the audience wanting more. I really don't think the presence of TV has impacted on the proceedings at all.

Back