• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oscar Pistorius

What an utter fucking farce. But then we knew it would be even before it had even kicked off.

She has spoken for fifteen minutes since her return from a lengthy lunch which itself was taken early. Why not actually take lunch at the normal time, get this fifteen minutes of speaking in before the break and then come back after lunch and FINISH THIS FUCKING THING OFF.

It was stated before the judge gave her verdict that it could be Friday before she was finished.

While not wishing to doubt the judges decision on the murder charge, what this shows to me is how much better our jury system is.

It was stated before the judge gave her verdict that it could be Friday before she was finished.

Probably be quicker if a) she did a full days work & b) didn't have a cuppa every hour

While not wishing to doubt the judges decision on the murder charge, what this shows to me is how much better our jury system is.

I'm not convinced the jury system is actually that great. The judge knows all the legal stuff, a jury doesn't, and has to be advised on points of law by a judge on the spot in his summation before retiring to consider a verdict on points of fact. Here the judge has had several weeks to consider points of law and points of fact in coming to her decision, so there is plenty of time to consider everything. Obviously a right to trial by your peers is an important tenet of our law, but I am not convinced it is definitely a BETTER THING.

Crown Court used to do a whole murder trial in three days - evidence, verdict, the lot. And that was with ad breaks in the middle.

i've sat on a jury. absolute farce. unbelievable experience. never again i hope.

Absolutely shameful trial..what are they doing, glad I live in sweden

Court finds Pistorius guilty of discharging a firearm in a public place

Only on one count, not guilty of the same offence on another occasion.

Only on one count, not guilty of the same offence on another occasion.

The guilty charge is the gun in Restuarant, not guilty on where he was accused of firing a gun out of a sun roof. Also not guilty on possessing ammo he wasn't licensed for as the state did not prove he had it to be used.

Bloke in office:

"Pistorius is found guilty of manslaughter."

Woman in office:

"That's ridiculous - why has the court changed its mind? They let him off yesterday."

Please, please, please stop the planet. I want to get off.

I think in this case, it would be fine to shoot them 4 times when they go to the loo.....

Bloke in office:

"Pistorius is found guilty of manslaughter."

Woman in office:

"That's ridiculous - why has the court changed its mind? They let him off yesterday."

Please, please, please stop the planet. I want to get off.

How did the office desk move go? I'm guessing it was horrendous.

How was the office desk shenanigans?

The post quoted should tell you about the people I am now sat by. It's like I'm constantly sat in amongst one of Trigger's family gatherings.

I think you'd be entirely justified in doing your own version of the climax of the fight between Prince Oberyn and the Mountain That Rides while clarifying the difference between murder and manslaughter, with added intra-explanation epithets and at least one "thundercunt" for such a remark.

Talking about whether to let him out on bail or not until sentenicing and the Prosecution have just revealed the full of address of where Oscar is living (his uncles house) live on TV. Pretty much makes that address unsafe for him to return to and as he has sold all his properties to pay his $50k a day lawyer, he now has nowhere to live. Dirty trick by Nel to ensure he gets put away until sentencing?

Even if that works, the Uncle is now probably going to have to move out as a lot of Angry SA's are going to be paying his house a visit from today.

Back