• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

If you want a pat on the head, listen to 5Live from around 19:45 tonight. Some Dave bloke helping them draw their own ill-informed conclusions. Yeah, we’re so fickle and, really, what should we expect eh?

Back on topic, bin him, keep him, we won't be relegated. Long, long way to go.

If you want a pat on the head, listen to 5Live from around 19:45 tonight. Some Dave bloke helping them draw their own ill-informed conclusions. Yeah, we’re so fickle and, really, what should we expect eh?
Dave Azzapardi (sp) is from the Wolves podcast and is clearly a passionate fan but he knows absolutely fuck all about the game of football, PSR or running a football club but bizarrely seems to speak with the confidence of somebody who has or does.

I've no idea why these people are given airtime but 🤷

Sutton is a fucking bellend and knows less than Dave which is some effort. Widely regarded as one of the thickest managers ever. Should've stuck to being a farmer.

Was that the same Dave who claimed all Wolves fans were buzzing about the new season based on a couple of friendlies?

Was that the same Dave who claimed all Wolves fans were optimistic about the new season based on a couple of friendlies?
It was. "Everyone is buzzing" apparently and we're going to finish in the top half.

To be honest it's a waste of time listening to mainstream media talk about Wolves. Are they going to know more than you or tell you anything you don't know? No. Will they get a load of stuff wrong and annoy you? Yes.

Is this Dazzling Dave? Seems a nice bloke but talks a lot of nonsense.
I’d say Wolves fans especially match attending ones are being beyond patient with the current run of form.
Charles Ross use to love accusing the fan base of being toxic when it was at worse quiet.

My mate who goes to a lot of Villa games was surprised to hear any fans had ill will against O'Neill partly due to how supportive the fans were right up to going 2-1 down the other day, so would agree with the patience thoughts.

My mate who goes to a lot of Villa games was surprised to hear any fans had ill will against O'Neill partly due to how supportive the fans were right up to going 2-1 down the other day, so would agree with the patience thoughts.
The fan base pretty much reset itself after dropping to league 1. Since then the fans have been patient (to much at times) and also viewed the club as smaller than it is so being average is just the normality. Think back to the MM days he’d be being hounded for this run of form and rightly so to a point.

Is this Dazzling Dave? Seems a nice bloke but talks a lot of nonsense.
I’d say Wolves fans especially match attending ones are being beyond patient with the current run of form.
Charles Ross use to love accusing the fan base of being toxic when it was at worse quiet.
No this is the talking wolves guy I think, a different Dave

The fan base pretty much reset itself after dropping to league 1. Since then the fans have been patient (to much at times) and also viewed the club as smaller than it is so being average is just the normality. Think back to the MM days he’d be being hounded for this run of form and rightly so to a point.

If you read Facebook comments especially, there's a massive chunk of twats that basically think we'd be nothing without Fosun, and escaping that 12th-20th space in the championship would've been impossible. They also appear to have lost the ability to recall anything that happened after March 2020.

"Gary O'Neill's Barmy Army" still being sung loudly throughout the majority of the game. But so was "Bruno Lage's" up until he was sacked. May have something to do with our limited song repertoire though

"Gary O'Neill's Barmy Army" still being sung loudly throughout the majority of the game. But so was "Bruno Lage's" up until he was sacked. May have something to do with our limited song repertoire though
I wearily guess you’re right on this, but there might be less support from the stands this time. We’re in the process of getting nailed to the bottom of the league, the team look like a rabble, the managers talking nonsense and the attendees have just been ripped off. I’m not hearing so much ‘he needs more time’. Though you do get the hilarious list of correct grievances and forecast we’re only going one way, followed by ‘just to be clear, I’m not calling for him to be sacked’. Guess people think it’s the clever thing to say.

When the fans turn it'll be on Fosun first imo. TWF doesn't appear to represent the majority view on GON, at least not yet. Although those who go every week will have a better view than me.

Ironically that will probably be what gets him the push

When the fans turn it'll be on Fosun first imo. TWF doesn't appear to represent the majority view on GON, at least not yet. Although those who go every week will have a better view than me.

Ironically that will probably be what gets him the push

I think if they were going to turn on Fosun it would've happened at the start of this season. Maybe it'll happen in February when we're still bottom and we've just spent fuck all in the Jan window but the fans would've turned on O'Neil way before that.

Apathy will set in before the majority turn on Fosun. We’ve seen quite a few drop season tickets this year, many of those that renewed will join them next year.

I think if they were going to turn on Fosun it would've happened at the start of this season. Maybe it'll happen in February when we're still bottom and we've just spent fuck all in the Jan window but the fans would've turned on O'Neil way before that.
Tend to agree with this. Although the support for Lage defied logic it’s true.

Back