• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

In the five the starting position of the wing-backs are wider, so you're closing them down further away from goal - which should prevent goals like Madueke and Saka.
But our FBs haven’t been in FB positions half the time, so why will the WBs…
Then, if crosses do come into the box, you have three centre-backs trying to deal with them instead of two, which obviously helps.
Doesn’t stop them standing in the wrong place or jumping under the ball. We didn’t concede any goals because we didn’t have enough players in there.
I think a problem with our midfield is that they're covering too much ground, I want us to be set in that block, whether we would be, I don't know. I agree, we're chaotic, which is on the manager.

For the record, I would sack O'Neil and I also don't think this solves all of our problems. But, when you have 1 points from 7 games and conceded 21, you have to change something, so saying a back five is better isn't exactly a bold statement when we're on course to be worse than Derby.
Keeping your FBs as FBs. Playing a double pivot and not playing square pegs in round holes in midfield and forward positions are all far more important changes than putting an extra CB In.

Anyway to get back to the thread, when will the trigger be pulled, home loss to Palace? here’s hoping.
After Southampton, but only if we are still winless. I'd rather we beat Palace and he stayed than lose and he goes, I can see the logic of the opposite view I just don't think we can afford to bin any more points even if it may be for the greater good

After Southampton, but only if we are still winless. I'd rather we beat Palace and he stayed than lose and he goes, I can see the logic of the opposite view I just don't think we can afford to bin any more points even if it may be for the greater good
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want us to lose I never want us to lose, I just want the current Coach replaced.

Last edited:
Of course, just feels like an argument that should cut both ways.

I don’t really disagree with EP that 5ATB doesn’t have to automatically be stodgy, but equally Dan isn’t wrong that there’s no reason to expect that change would improve basically anything right now.
Just pick a side and double down. This is the Internet for fucks sake.

The problem can be and is, lots of things all at once.
More like most I'd say 😄. Fosun, Jeff, GON, Derry, Hobbs, Sa, Johnstone, Doc, Semedo, the formation, the tactics, the cost of Season tickets, the state of the SB stand, Dawson's age, Lima's age, Toti, Bueno's x2, Gomes x3, RAN, VAR, more Doc, Mario, most of the refs, Sasa's knees, Bellegarde.....🤔

More like most I'd say 😄. Fosun, Jeff, GON, Derry, Hobbs, Sa, Johnstone, Doc, Semedo, the formation, the tactics, the cost of Season tickets, the state of the SB stand, Dawson's age, Lima's age, Toti, Bueno's x2, Gomes x3, RAN, VAR, more Doc, Mario, most of the refs, Sasa's knees, Bellegarde.....🤔
Fabio in the mud

Choose Wolves

image-asset.jpeg

Back