• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I think they might leave it for the next 4. Expect nothing from City and Brighton and then we play the other 2 next to us at home. Then either pull the trigger and expect someone to do a Lop, or feel great that it worked and we got a win or 2

What they could do is start the process now and have us in a better position tactically and mentally to go against Palace/Southampton with likely no wins in 9

Still this and surely we won't get anything against Brighton. I wonder if they actually have any plans cooking in the background. Imagine we don't even get anything from the massive 2 after Brighton and they then start the process 🫣

Also said our owners were "just fine".

No-one wants us to lose so they're proven right FFS. In fact today is miles down the list of failings on the part of Gary O'Neil since March, to the point I'm not sure I even blame him (apart from bringing on Guedes).

No-one wants us to lose so they're proven right FFS. In fact today is miles down the list of failings on the part of Gary O'Neil since March, to the point I'm not sure I even blame him (apart from bringing on Guedes).
Today is how we should have approached the previous 7 games tbf. I reckon we'd have a few more points on the board.

It gives me a little hope we might get out of it. Obviously it all hinges on the next 3 games. We need at least 4 points. Any less than 1 from the next 2 and Gary has to go for me.

Today is how we should have approached the previous 7 games tbf. I reckon we'd have a few more points on the board.

It gives me a little hope we might get out of it. Obviously it all hinges on the next 3 games. We need at least 4 points. Any less than 1 from the next 2 and Gary has to go for me.
We cannot play that way against anyone else.

If you can find a way to tweak it so that we might use at least one of our million (now superfluous) flaky wide forwards AND play a back three then perhaps.

If we set up that way against anyone else the best we'll do is 0-0 and well, we basically don't do clean sheets.

He had to bring Guedes on, SL was fucked.

I thought his subs were correct today, possibly a bit too late with Gomes, but other than that spot on.

Guedes was fine, delightful ball to Forbes and occupied the defenders as well as player of his build can.

He had to bring Guedes on, SL was fucked.

I thought his subs were correct today, possibly a bit too late with Gomes, but other than that spot on.

Guedes was fine, delightful ball to Forbes and occupied the defenders as well as player of his build can.
Guedes is NOT a striker, in fact I have no fucking idea what he is.

He's idle, he's weak, he's slow, he's slack in possession, he's got absolutely no quality about him.

It was fine against City given the context of our season. Against Brighton I'm not against a version of it, say a double pivot with 2 defensive mids and a winger, probably Forbs, but I don't think it's sustainable against the non top 6 teams.

So who should GON have brought on instead, SL had to go off?
Well it's slim pickings as we've built a stupidly imbalanced squad. But Rodrigo Gomes in that instance as he at least resembles a footballer.

Guedes is fucking shocking.

Yes, well we played with a back three in 32 out of 38 games. So by default.

We also conceded absolutely tons with a back three. Nothing today has changed my mind, it's fine to do it on occasion but as our main formation...no ta. Because we offer so, so, so little going forward and we can't defend anyway.

We cannot play that way against anyone else.

If you can find a way to tweak it so that we might use at least one of our million (now superfluous) flaky wide forwards AND play a back three then perhaps.

If we set up that way against anyone else the best we'll do is 0-0 and well, we basically don't do clean sheets.
I'd hate to have had a 0 0 ffs.

Imagine not shipping 21 goals in the first 7 matches because we were hard to beat!

I swear you think our squad is capable of having won every game so far. Four at the back, swashbuckling forward play, going toe to toe with the big boys! Fuck off, we're nowhere near it.

If we'd shithoused our way to just 3 more points, the outlook would be so much rosier, and GON probably wouldn't need 4 points from the next 3 to save his job.

Back