• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I wearily guess you’re right on this, but there might be less support from the stands this time. We’re in the process of getting nailed to the bottom of the league, the team look like a rabble, the managers talking nonsense and the attendees have just been ripped off. I’m not hearing so much ‘he needs more time’. Though you do get the hilarious list of correct grievances and forecast we’re only going one way, followed by ‘just to be clear, I’m not calling for him to be sacked’. Guess people think it’s the clever thing to say.
Do the team look like a rabble?
Is the manager talking nonsense?

For the last 25 minutes of the last 2 games yes. For the other 65 no, but that becomes irrelevant given the end result
Yes it does become irrelevant given the end result.

Although if a team are performing well for periods of games, all is not lost.

We've seen Wolves sides in the past who are totally devoid of energy, desire and quality from the first minute to the last. This isn't one of them.

I'm not sure what nonsense GON is talking?

He's been waffling for a while now. The shit about the bookies odds was something you'd expect from Dean Saunders.

Telling the whole world that his squad isn't suited to the system he just spent an entire pre season trying to coach... Utterly ludicrous.

Do the team look like a rabble?
Is the manager talking nonsense?
Depends how you look at it we have periods where we look decent but it’s negated by bursts of shocking football, continuing to make the same mistakes.
Last 20 v Villa, last 15 v Newcastle, second half v Chelsea all examples of moments that the opposition has blown us away, 11 goals leaked in about 90 minutes of football.

Yes it does become irrelevant given the end result.

Although if a team are performing well for periods of games, all is not lost.

We've seen Wolves sides in the past who are totally devoid of energy, desire and quality from the first minute to the last. This isn't one of them.

What If the team are performing well for an hour because they aren’t pacing themselves? No point being in the lead at the bell of a 1500m race if you’re blowing out of your arse and the whole field sails past you on the final lap.

He's been waffling for a while now. The shit about the bookies odds was something you'd expect from Dean Saunders.

Telling the whole world that his squad isn't suited to the system he just spent an entire pre season trying to coach... Utterly ludicrous.
I don't agree regarding the first paragraph, I hear Thomas Franke and other managers making exactly the same sort of points, and they are valid. He isn't lying.

Also regarding the squad, he would have been expecting a replacement/an additional CB, we all were. That didn't happen, it isn't ludicrous at all.

Yup, they're either not fit enough, or the game plan is unrealistic/unsustainable. Or a bit of both, but that's all on the manager
Or we're not good enough? And the majority of that is down to the board continually selling our better players and not replacing them adequately.

I don't agree regarding the first paragraph, I hear Thomas Franke and other managers making exactly the same sort of points, and they are valid. He isn't lying.

Also regarding the squad, he would have been expecting a replacement/an additional CB, we all were. That didn't happen, it isn't ludicrous at all.
Yeah the waffle (and there is some) is no different to any other coach in his position, just washes over me tbh, I take little notice of it.

Apathy will set in before the majority turn on Fosun. We’ve seen quite a few drop season tickets this year, many of those that renewed will join them next year.
It’d need a driving force. Scott Sellars was the last to face the wrath from the South Bank, apart from Matheus Nunes. But nowadays the fanbase are more angry about their inplay accas not coming in or fantasy team dropping points.

We don’t do anything particularly well, we don’t score enough to negate the defensive problems, we don’t control games in midfield and we don’t have a shithousing ability to ground out a 0-0 or 1-0.
To add I think GON is slightly hamstrung by the way we’ve created a squad that is completely unbalanced.

Last edited:
Oh look, TWF's favourite intellectual heavyweight is flexing his muscles again. :rolleyes:

1000064222.jpg
No wonder I can barely be arsed to post anymore.

It’d need a driving force. Scott Sellars was the last to face the wrath from the South Bank, apart from Matheus Nunes. But nowadays the fanbase are more angry about their inplay accas not coming in or fantasy team dropping points.
Apathy is more dangerous than anger, and when you price out so many of your fan base (who are more likely to be more outspoken) that's exactly what you'll get.

If it makes you feel better, I am just showing you up yet again for the strange man you are.

You claim you hate interacting with me, but you are at pains to do exactly that if I post.

#obsessed

Just put me on ignore and stop? Thanks x

Back