• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Well, it's more fans trying to support during the game.

Wouldn't read anything into it.
Yeah it is this but he does still have support. Not many were left at the final whistle on Saturday but when Gary came over there was very much a mixed reaction. There were a few angry voices, some refused to clap and then was a group who were still clapping him.

Yeah the waffle (and there is some) is no different to any other coach in his position, just washes over me tbh, I take little notice of it.

Franke post match v Spurs

“But they have a stand that’s bigger than our stadium, and that needs to be put into perspective."

Just imagine the frothing...

Brentford as a PL club are punching above their weight. In the natural order of things, by 2 divisions. Bournemouth the same. Wolves are not. Leeds have been broadly worse than us for the last 20 years. Their fans wouldn't take that type of small time crap

Franke post match v Spurs

Just imagine the frothing...
That’s one quote that’s factual. Hardly comparable to saying your team are worse than the other one you’re playing on a consistent basis is it?

Brentford as a PL club are punching above their weight. In the natural order of things, by 2 divisions. Bournemouth the same. Wolves are not. Leeds have been broadly worse than us for the last 20 years. Their fans wouldn't take that type of small time crap
I'm not saying I like what GON is saying, but what he's saying is correct, we just don't like it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that the teams we've played recently are better than us, but it's a problem when our manager says it. The implications are that we've lost before we've got on the pitch, which is a problem.

We've beaten better teams than us before, and we'll lose to worse teams than us again.

Maybe we'll see us scoring more in the good spells we have, and being punished less in the bad spells against 'lesser' teams.

I'm not saying I like what GON is saying, but what he's saying is correct, we just don't like it.
Andy has more or less responded to what I would have said. I'd also point out that you were the one who said at the start of the season that the start wasn't terrible as we do well against the better sides.

I also think some of it is the contractual obligation that managers have to give interviews at the end of games. If they're forced to talk when they don't really want to there is bound to be a bit of nonsense here and there

Andy has more or less responded to what I would have said. I'd also point out that you were the one who said at the start of the season that the start wasn't terrible as we do well against the better sides.
Pretty sure I said that based on if we played a formation that suited it. We haven't.

I’d be annoyed at that as Brentforder (?). Don’t rightly care if it’s true, it’s not an excuse a manager should reach for IMO.
I would generally agree. As I said I'm not a fan of it.

But it's not "nonsense" and it's nowhere near the "eye of the tiger" shit that Saunders used to say.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying that the teams we've played recently are better than us, but it's a problem when our manager says it. The implications are that we've lost before we've got on the pitch, which is a problem.

We've beaten better teams than us before, and we'll lose to worse teams than us again.

Maybe we'll see us scoring more in the good spells we have, and being punished less in the bad spells against 'lesser' teams.
I would agree. It's not "nonsense" when he says it though is it?

It's correct, but as fans we hate to hear/see it.

I don't think the players care less what he says in the press either, they care about and listen to what he says all week when he's actually with them.

I don't mind hearing objective facts, but I don't want our manager saying it. (Or our chairman for that matter)
Oh well Shi's comments were ridiculous, and there was just no reason for them at all, no idea what he was trying to achieve

Relevant objective facts would be GON’s pathetic win ratio.

Back