• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

There's a difference between being wrong, which we all are at times and the way people have spoken about him.

PE teacher, predictions of him not winning a game all year, mocking his physical appearance. All for having the audacity to take a job he was offered.

It's primarily made our fans come across as over entitled babies.
What have people said about his physical appearance 🤣

Must’ve missed that, but he’s fairly beige looking isn’t he? Not as if he has 3 eyes and 2 noses

Spot on, he has been criticised before today, and rightly so (some has been OTT imo, but equally there has been some bizarre defences of his tactics put forward) however today ye deserves nothing but praise.

I’m fairly sure everyone (including me) who have criticised him and don’t think he’s fit for purpose will be gladly proven wrong, as it means Wolves have done well 🤷‍♂️
Apparently I was wanting us to lose today, strange as I shouted and cheered so much today my throat is killing me and my voice is failing!

What have people said about his physical appearance 🤣

Must’ve missed that, but he’s fairly beige looking isn’t he? Not as if he has 3 eyes and 2 noses
Tbf we do get a bit… immature at times. And not just about Gaz. It sticks in my craw but it’s mostly banter IMV.

Apparently I was wanting us to lose today, strange as I shouted and cheered so much today my throat is killing me and my voice is failing!
So you didn’t get the result you wanted, and now you need to stock up on lozenges? Shit Saturday for you

Tbf we do get a bit… immature at times. And not just about Gaz. It sticks in my craw but it’s mostly banter IMV.
Missed the crack head vibes, seen a few cunts thrown around, but that’s fairly commonplace.

Don’t see why we can’t just enjoy a super win from all involved.

Missed the crack head vibes, seen a few cunts thrown around, but that’s fairly commonplace.

Don’t see why we can’t just enjoy a super win from all involved.
The day this forum comes to a total consensus about something is the day Wolves win the Treble.

I was a fan of his being moved on. Seen little of today but very pleased, I did previously say I didnt feel like we looked capable of getting the surprise results so today is notable at least.

I haven't seen any of the comments about O'Neil but wouldn't be surprised to spot them on here given the comments said about Nunes, and how people still seem to lie to themselves about Gibbs-White.

As unfair as it may seem, today wouldn't make me keep O'Neil if offered some preferred replacements, more days like today would start to change that.

I was a fan of his being moved on. Seen little of today but very pleased, I did previously say I didnt feel like we looked capable of getting the surprise results so today is notable at least.

I haven't seen any of the comments about O'Neil but wouldn't be surprised to spot them on here given the comments said about Nunes, and how people still seem to lie to themselves about Gibbs-White.

As unfair as it may seem, today wouldn't make me keep O'Neil if offered some preferred replacements, more days like today would start to change that.
Yep, if he gets the tactics right against Villa (whatever the result) and show improvement he will get more time.

Today was a bit of a throwback to the heyday Nuno days really. Not just in tactics (3-4-3 and countering at pace) but the “us against the world” mentality. Great to see.

On balance... he can stay another week...

So I guess the price of a great win is WS 'disappears after a loss' Wolf and Mark the non-Wolves fan tearing about the forum settling scores like the denouement of The Godfather 😅

I reckon I can handle that if it staves off relegation for another season, knock yourselves out, kids 👍

Been compared to a smackhead repeatedly.

😅😅😅

He looks gormless and resembles Ewen Bremner when he does so, hardly unusual to apply nicknames on TWF really, is it?

You talk about hyperbole like you don't act the WUM constantly yourself; GON gets pelters after delivering shit and got praise after the Utd defeat, Everton win and yesterday. Simple as that.

So I guess the price of a great win is WS 'disappears after a loss' Wolf and Mark the non-Wolves fan tearing about the forum settling scores like the denouement of The Godfather 😅

I reckon I can handle that if it staves off relegation for another season, knock yourselves out, kids 👍

To be fair, only similar to how the ‘haters’ tear about the forum after a loss. You’re all as bad as each other 😂

Bear calling him Spud was funny, because he does look like him, he's by far and away Ewan Bremner's most famous character, you just aren't going to use the actors name. There has been a lot of OTT comment about O'Neil, but weaponising and deliberately misinterpreting that is somewhat desperate.

To be fair, only similar to how the ‘haters’ tear about the forum after a loss. You’re all as bad as each other 😂

I disagree, speaking for myself I don't disappear win, lose or draw, and I'm more interested in what's good for Wolves (and the appointment of GON hasn't been so far) than point scoring against WUMs.

Your attempt to level things out like parents do with warring teens is also factually wrong. If you actually look at the verdict threads after our shit results they're concerned with the actual game, players and manager, not rubbing the noses of other posters in it. The only time WS catches a stray on them is when he's WUMming.

If you need to wait for a seismic result to make your POV seem valid then it was pretty paper thin one to begin with

Last edited:
I disagree, speaking for myself I don't disappear win, lose or draw, and I'm more interested in what's good for Wolves (and the appointment of GON hasn't been so far) than point scoring against WUMs.

If you need to wait for a seismic result to make your POV seem valid then it was pretty paper thin one to begin with

Or perhaps we can just all enjoy a very unexpected victory and give the sniping at each other over GoN a rest for one week?

Not solely aimed at you despite my quoting your post, BTW.

Back