• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

O'Neil isn't saying the club structure is a mess, he's saying it's a mess because of the previous manager. He's talking shit and needs to fuck off
I'm not sure saying the club structure is a mess would be keeping him in a job, doesn't mean he doesn't realise it. In fact of course he does, he keeps saying him getting the job was a big surprise almost like he won the lottery. If the club structure wasn't a mess, he wouldn't even be here and he knows it.

I think he actually talks ok in the football focus interview, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other sticks to prove he isn't up for this job as others have said.

I hope he flukes a few results, because I don't want to see us go down - not because I want him to stay. And I think this season is already a write off so we've just got to get through with enough points in the bag at each stage and either hope come summer they have a good manager lined up, or more likely the club gets sold still as a Premier league entity. It ain't going to be a memorable season that's a given already.

Changes quickly doesn't it? A point a game from the fixtures we've had is about par. Doesn't remove the concerns, but he's safe for at least 6 weeks or so after today. Longer if we pick points up against Bournemouth and Sheff U as a minimum

Changes quickly doesn't it? A point a game from the fixtures we've had is about par. Doesn't remove the concerns, but he's safe for at least 6 weeks or so after today. Longer if we pick points up against Bournemouth and Sheff U as a minimum

There'll be a few people looking rather stupid if he does continue to pick up results.

His tactics and game management have been questionable up till today. He got it spot on today.
If carries on with this level he'll get plenty of plaudits, if he regresses he'll get panned.

How about we are allowed to criticise when he gets it hopelessly wrong as he has done in several games this season as long as we give him credit when he pulls off an amazing result as he did today?

Can we concede that we've all been made to look a fool once or twice by this sport?

There's a difference between being wrong, which we all are at times and the way people have spoken about him.

PE teacher, predictions of him not winning a game all year, mocking his physical appearance. All for having the audacity to take a job he was offered.

It's primarily made our fans come across as over entitled babies.

There's a difference between being wrong, which we all are at times and the way people have spoken about him.

PE teacher, predictions of him not winning a game all year, mocking his physical appearance. All for having the audacity to take a job he was offered.

It's primarily made our fans come across as over entitled babies.
I think people may bristle at your last point, but I get what you're saying. Fair enough.

I had a Leicester fan saying to me earlier that Bournemouth fans will be regretting getting rid of him. I said, no he's still out of his depth overall, regardless of today's result and how shite Bournemouth's new manager might be. Though they've had a tough start to the season so could still pick up.

How about we are allowed to criticise when he gets it hopelessly wrong as he has done in several games this season as long as we give him credit when he pulls off an amazing result as he did today?

Bit two faced for me. Thought you 'despised' him. I wouldn't want someone I felt about like that to get any sort of success, but that's just me.

I think people may bristle at your last point, but I get what you're saying. Fair enough.

Again, I get people saying I don't think he's upto it or stuff of that ilk. It's fine to be critical or unsure.

This place is usually pretty sensible on the whole but the very fact someone being willing to give him some time to show if he is or isn't upto it before deciding they want him gone is completely radical or some kind of wind up merchant says a lot.

I had a Leicester fan saying to me earlier that Bournemouth fans will be regretting getting rid of him. I said, no he's still out of his depth overall, regardless of today's result and how shite Bournemouth's new manager might be. Though they've had a tough start to the season so could still pick up.

They look a really poor team from what I've seen. Didn't get at all why so many were assuming they'd be OK. I doubt they'll get 40 points.

Bit two faced for me. Thought you 'despised' him. I wouldn't want someone I felt about like that to get any sort of success, but that's just me.
I want Wolves to succeed. If Gary O’Neil achieves the results necessary then I will be happy. If he gets more results like his previous ones then I will want him gone. Don't think that is such an unusual opinion to hold

You do know football supporting is generally a whole lot of emotion?

Things going wrong = anger sent out, sometimes it goes OTT.
Bit like when a player leaves and some people want them to suffer career threatening injuries just because they wanted to move a bigger club..

If GO turns this season into a success, he will get praise and he will rightly get people saying they got it wrong.

GO got it spot on today but didn't last week or the week before or before etc

How about we enjoy a victory that is a surprise for a few days. It's a rare feeling so let's just soak it up a bit and have a rare chance to be cocky bastards at work next week.

I want Wolves to succeed. If Gary O’Neil achieves the results necessary then I will be happy. If he gets more results like his previous ones then I will want him gone. Don't think that is such an unusual opinion to hold
If only you'd kept it that neutral for the last week.

Back