• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Or perhaps we can just all enjoy a very unexpected victory and give the sniping at each other over GoN a rest for one week?

Not solely aimed at you despite my quoting your post, BTW.

I did enjoy an unexpected victory thank you very much. Today is another day. Why are you saying that to me now and not to other posters yesterday when the sniping actually was happening?

From what I can see, the biggest critics of GON just congratulated him and the players yesterday and the sniping was one sided

Your attempt to level things out like parents do with warring teens is also factually wrong. If you actually look at the verdict threads after our shit results they're concerned with the actual game, players and manager, not rubbing the noses of other posters in it. The only time WS catches a stray on them is when he's WUMming.

I do, and there’s plenty of WUMing both sides to be honest. Granted I haven’t been on much myself the past week because working, innit.

I did enjoy an unexpected victory thank you very much. Today is another day. Why are you saying that to me now and not to other posters yesterday when the sniping actually was happening?

From what I can see, the biggest critics of GON just congratulated him and the players yesterday and the sniping was one sided

Yup. And if you look back I did say indirectly to WsWolf and Mark that plenty of critics had congratulated O’Neil for the victory.

I do, and there’s plenty of WUMing both sides to be honest. Granted I haven’t been on much myself the past week because working, innit.

We'll have to agree to disagree then mate.

I resent myself and others being accused of WUMming just by being critical and holding strong opinions which are backed up. These aren't opinions given solely to garner reaction.

WUMming is saying GON should be manager of the week on the verdict thread about half an hour after we have a shit result

Fair enough mate. To be honest, I think the biggest problem is there are extremes both sides - GoN is the worst thing to happen to Wolverhampton Wanderers versus all hail GoN - not saying you’re one or the other, but some posters appear to be going to extremes to cancel the other side out, I think.

When in reality he deserves just as much criticism for Luton as he does praise for City.

The impressive thing about that win for me is it’s not like City created loads of chances. We were very deep for long spells but they didn’t really carve us open.

Fair enough mate. To be honest, I think the biggest problem is there are extremes both sides - GoN is the worst thing to happen to Wolverhampton Wanderers versus all hail GoN - not saying you’re one or the other, but some posters appear to be going to extremes to cancel the other side out, I think.

When in reality he deserves just as much criticism for Luton as he does praise for City.
Agreed. I imagine Gazza is also hoping this morning that we and he actually are judged on ‘games like these’ as much as any other. Be a shame for him right now if he weren’t!

So I guess the price of a great win is WS 'disappears after a loss' Wolf and Mark the non-Wolves fan tearing about the forum settling scores like the denouement of The Godfather 😅

I reckon I can handle that if it staves off relegation for another season, knock yourselves out, kids 👍

Usually wins I disappear after actually. Everton.

Feel bad writing on this thread after yesterday, but wasn’t sure where else to put it

Our friend Beale is available again 😅

Feel bad writing on this thread after yesterday, but wasn’t sure where else to put it

Our friend Beale is available again 😅
Well the thread that's had about 10 posts discussing it would be a decent guess

Still not convinced, we're able to play well against big teams but need to do it (and get results) against our peers.

So I guess the price of a great win is WS 'disappears after a loss' Wolf and Mark the non-Wolves fan tearing about the forum settling scores like the denouement of The Godfather 😅

I reckon I can handle that if it staves off relegation for another season, knock yourselves out, kids 👍
And Johnny not posting.

The O’Neil out thread was created from some truly awful displays, let’s not start pointing fingers until we go on a good run to reverse that opinion.

The O’Neil out thread was created from some truly awful displays, let’s not start pointing fingers until we go on a good run to reverse that opinion.
All very true .

There were some differences though to Saturday's display .
We backed up a good first half with a good second half .
We changed things at the back , playing with a back three for the first time this season in the league , and it worked well .
We've settled on a front three now and they're knitting well together . Hwang is scoring on a regular basis and Neto is carrying the ball with confidence , beating players on a regular basis and has plenty of assists to his name thus far . Cunha loves dropping deep and laying it off - he is good at it - leave him at it .

Can we do it against Villa ? Hard to say - but not sitting back when City levelled was encouraging to see .
Villa's home form is top notch this season , but their away form is nothing to write home about .

I'm taking full credit for the upturn in form by starting this thread by the way

Fair play to him. He's still going to make mistakes still as he's inexperienced but he's getting it spot on lately.

Back