• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Well he`s had more time with the squad now so, who knows?

thank god that weirdo is banned…

But yes - good run of form which has given us a nice cushion too. Fair play to him

Yeah. I mean I wasn't quite on the "O'Neil out" bandwagon when we hired him, same as WsWolf, but I'm not going to gloat that things are going well currently - as it could go south quickly...

He's got a foundation to build on now, still some issues as we all know, but he's doing OK. Definite breathing space

Fair play to him. He's still going to make mistakes still as he's inexperienced but he's getting it spot on lately.
This may sound sour but our upturn in form has coincided with appointing Burchnall to the coaching staff, who's favoured formation is 3-4-3.

Since his appointment we've had actual tactics, before then we were horrific under GoN and Derry.

A big tick in the box for Hobbs that.

Maybe GoN is a motivator type manager rather than a coaching one. Nothing wrong with that if you have the right staff.

I wanted him gone but fair play he’s proven me wrong thus far which I’m more than happy about!

Also given himself some breathing room with results now meaning the pressure isn’t so high which is good.

This may sound sour but our upturn in firm has coincided with appointing Burchnall to the coaching staff, who's favoured formation is 3-4-3.

Since his appointment we've had actual tactics, before then we were horrific under GoN and Derry.

A big tick in the box for Hobbs that.

Not sour at all mate. Whatever helps to be honest - more than happy for other coaches to take credit!

Not sour at all mate. Whatever helps to be honest - more than happy for other coaches to take credit!
Hmmm
Manager at fault when it don't work, but when it does coach gets credit.

It's a team effort. The management team, including Gary O'Neil have been very good

Have a look at the timing and what my post actually says.
Depends if you think switching to 3-4-3 is some tactical masterstroke that O'Neill would never have come up with.

Depends if you think switching to 3-4-3 is some tactical masterstroke that O'Neill would never have come up with.
He hadn't until that point. Can only go on what has happened not what you might think may happen in some hypothetical scenario.

Hmmm
Manager at fault when it don't work, but when it does coach gets credit.

It's a team effort. The management team, including Gary O'Neil have been very good

To be fair to Johnny he does have a point re. timings. I don't think he's being purposefully 'down' on O'Neil here.

He hadn't until that point. Can only go on what has happened not what you might think may happen in some hypothetical scenario.
You're also making a big assumption that the switch was down to the new coach rather than the manager. It wasn't as if it came out of nowhere and wasn't needed.

To be fair to Johnny he does have a point re. timings. I don't think he's being purposefully 'down' on O'Neil here.
He's been down on GON, since day 1, even now after 3 good results can't say well done to the manager.

I did not want him, wanted him sacked after Luton, whilst not ready to hold my hands up to being wrong he is proving us wrong. He still has a few months to have proved us wrong.
Man City, Villa, and Bournemouth 7 points, and 7 points more than Jonnie said we would get and to be Honest 4 points more than I expected to get.

GON, is the manager well done Garry, let's hope you continue to prove us wrong

He's been down on GON, since day 1, even now after 3 good results can't say well done to the manager.

I did not want him, wanted him sacked after Luton, whilst not ready to hold my hands up to being wrong he is proving us wrong. He still has a few months to have proved us wrong.
Man City, Villa, and Bournemouth 7 points, and 7 points more than Jonnie said we would get and to be Honest 4 points more than I expected to get.

GON, is the manager well done Garry, let's hope you continue to prove us wrong
Wind your neck in hun.

You're also making a big assumption that the switch was down to the new coach rather than the manager. It wasn't as if it came out of nowhere and wasn't needed.
Well it did come out of nowhere seeing as we hadn't played it until that point.

And you're right it could be a coincidence. Hell of a coincidence mind.

Hi,what are you inside for?

Got 2 years for calling an English man with a Scottish nickname "hun"

You should be hanged (ffs) for that

Last edited:
Back