• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

It is strange that you keep quoting stats in the negative sense from last season when we played 3 at the back.

Yet we have 1 point from 7 games with 4, but we should just blindly carry on with that.

Do you see the paradox?
Still not understanding it isn't anything to do with 3 or 4 at the back but what the manager is asking then to do.

I disagree, whilst conceding with 19 seconds to go is brutal,I think they'll have got some confidence from that general performance.

You can look at either way if you’re mentally able to focus on the positives then that’s something to build on.
Nevertheless you can easily begin to think “what have we got to do to stop losing” since Coventry at home this squad has found just about every way possible to lose matches.
I think our squad on a week to week basis have evidence of poor resilience. They backed up a 1-2 defeat v Liverpool with being beaten 5-3 at Brentford.

Not a fucking hope, what planet is this you're living on
It's the planet where the three teams immediately above are all averaging no more than 0.5ppg. extrapolated over a season means 20 points keeps you up, but not even I think three teams will be that bad, so 28-30 seems reasonable and maybe a little generous.

It's the planet where the three teams immediately above are all averaging no more than 0.5ppg. extrapolated over a season means 20 points keeps you up, but not even I think three teams will be that bad, so 28-30 seems reasonable and maybe a little generous.
We're currently at 0.14ppg so your maths is nonsense.

This happens every season people assume that the team coming 18th will only get about 25 points because they’ve been so poor. It invariably changes and goes up due to mid table sides dropping off (us last season) coaches actually being able to adapt and learn, players the same. If we get 30 points this season we will be going down.

Anyway, November is crucial, I’ll be fair and say anything less than 7pts is unacceptable.

Anyway, November is crucial, I’ll be fair and say anything less than 7pts is unacceptable.

Palace (h)
Saints (h)
Fulham (a)
Bournemouth (h)

I think he needs to win all the home games to give us a sniff of survival I think he’ll get about 4-5 points and get sacked but it’ll be 13 games burned already and to late.
I cannot argue in any objective way that we can beat Palace, Fulham or Bournemouth home or away.

Today is probably the worst case scenario if you want GON to be moved on. We lost so no points, however we put in a good show and lost late in very controversial circumstances.
Regardless off the end result today GON has probably bought himself a bit of time on the basis of a good effort.
Not sure he has. What ever todays result (barring a massive scoreline) we were always going till at least the Southampton game before pulling the trigger.

Not sure he has. What ever todays result (barring a massive scoreline) we were always going till at least the Southampton game before pulling the trigger.
Yeah, November is shit or bust for O’Neill particularly given some of his recent comments.

100% not a blue print. Going forward. You treat city and a couple other teams this way.

We’ll likely be on the counter against Brighton, but no where near the extent we were today , next two games absolutely not
This is my hope, I'm not confident though.

Palace (h)
Saints (h)
Fulham (a)
Bournemouth (h)

I think he needs to win all the home games to give us a sniff of survival I think he’ll get about 4-5 points and get sacked but it’ll be 13 games burned already and to late.
I cannot argue in any objective way that we can beat Palace, Fulham or Bournemouth home or away.
Assuming he gets the first two and fails to get sufficient points then gets sacked... we still have to find a replacement. We may well be burning through our supposedly winnable fixtures on a caretaker while we fail to replace someone who showed months ago he wasn't up to it. Shi has done two mid-season replacements and neither were quick.

If and when O'Neil is sacked and it's a big if, I don't see anyone improving things without better players.
I think they'll stick with O'Neil and spend again in January.

Palace (h)
Saints (h)
Fulham (a)
Bournemouth (h)

If you look at the season so far with performances and results you'd say 5 points is the best we'll do from those games. Obviously football doesn't always go that way.

If and when O'Neil is sacked and it's a big if, I don't see anyone improving things without better players.
I think they'll stick with O'Neil and spend again in January.
To make out no other coach can do with these players what GoBeale is doing is daft.

A decent coach has these players playing much better than they are.

To make out no other coach can do with these players what GoBeale is doing is daft.

A decent coach has these players playing much better than they are.
Quite possibly, im not confident that the people in charge will employ that better coach though.
What he is doing is getting the players to play for him, I know that is not the 'be all and end all' but for the most part they do seem a together bunch.

Assuming he gets the first two and fails to get sufficient points then gets sacked... we still have to find a replacement. We may well be burning through our supposedly winnable fixtures on a caretaker while we fail to replace someone who showed months ago he wasn't up to it. Shi has done two mid-season replacements and neither were quick.
A competent management team would be well down the road at sounding out potential replacements and carrying out due diligence by now.

Wolves on the other hand, you're probably right

The order of how the points are accumulated affects things to, it’s just a sign of where we’re that we now see BHA away as a write off fixture.

Back