• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

It's a lot lower than 66.6% though 😉

Discounting us, I can't see another 3 sides that get less than 30 points. Saints and Ipswich - fine. Not sure who the third is if it isn't us.

I'd also suggest that 2020/21 season is a bit of a asterisk season. No fans, so the bottom sides don't get that boost from fans etc at home games so maybe a reason for lower than normal points
No pressure from your home fans either. As you said, anything and everything can be spun to suit an argument lol

Yeah about that, maybe 15-16 points by the end of the year, with the hope we won't be as bad in the following set of fixtures as we have been so far. I'm not very hopeful.
It really doesn't look good. Do I care? Yes. Am I resigned to the fact? Probably.

I hadn't seen heard GON's post match comments but it seems he took a swipe at the fitness of JSL and Hwang.

Why is he doing this out in public? Seems a bit snidey to me to start digging players out in public - if you think players aren't fit enough then who is the person in charge of coaching them? Who is in charge of identifying that and then maybe putting them on a personal programme? Who has the power to drop them from the team if they then don't do what they are asked?

Seems like the beginning of the end with the dressing room when you start calling players out in post match interviews.

I hadn't seen heard GON's post match comments but it seems he took a swipe at the fitness of JSL and Hwang.

Why is he doing this out in public? Seems a bit snidey to me to start digging players out in public - if you think players aren't fit enough then who is the person in charge of coaching them? Who is in charge of identifying that and then maybe putting them on a personal programme? Who has the power to drop them from the team if they then don't do what they are asked?

Seems like the beginning of the end with the dressing room when you start calling players out in post match interviews.
Particularly when he had a dig about the squad not being fit enough to start last season.

Yes of course he did, I forgot about that.

I don't want to completely absolve the players from any kind of personal responsibility here - they clearly have agency and the responsibility to put in the work.

But it is also the responsibility of the coaching staff to guide this and demand what they want from them.

Yes of course he did, I forgot about that.

I don't want to completely absolve the players from any kind of personal responsibility here - they clearly have agency and the responsibility to put in the work.

But it is also the responsibility of the coaching staff to guide this and demand what they want from them.
Indeed, but it could be that the coaching staff want fitness levels that can never be achieved or would take years to achieve and so are completely unrealistic.

Then to call individual players out is a cunts trick.

I don't particular like GoN, he's a Lage level wanker to me.

He’s gone from “seems like a nice bloke, want him to do well” to “for Gods sake stop talking, you’re making yourself look like a prized twat” in a matter of weeks.

I’m particularly annoyed with his comments on JSL because of the role he’s been asked to do. Poor lad worked his socks off on Sunday then gets slated by his manager. Brilliant that, ffs.

He’s gone from “seems like a nice bloke, want him to do well” to “for Gods sake stop talking, you’re making yourself look like a prized twat” in a matter of weeks.

I’m particularly annoyed with his comments on JSL because of the role he’s been asked to do. Poor lad worked his socks off on Sunday then gets slated by his manager. Brilliant that, ffs.
I still don't really dislike him for some reason, I was expecting to feel more animosity towards him than I do.

The players did actually show some fight yesterday, more than I was expecting, and they clearly care/want to do well. So he hasn't completely lost them yet but he's not exactly doing much to help the cause (it would seem).

If it's not taken out of context the Sa stuff bothers me more. He deserved to be dropped, his replacement came in was equally as poor and Sa played the best game yesterday of any keeper this season. He deserves to keep his place. If Johnstone comes back at Brighton that and your JSL example are how you lose a dressing room (unless they all think Sa is a twat, which doesn't come across like they do). Says to me he came in with a promise he'd play.

Sa strikes me as the kind of individual whose heart is in the right place but can sometimes be a bit of a liability. However, you'd gladly have him in the trenches with you

I took the "no headache" thing with Sa as he will be sticking with him. Not really sure how you can't after yesterday but I guess we will see on Saturday.
It's very clear where we go next sounded to me the opposite, hope you are correct though. Not because I think there's much difference generally between the 2, just that it's the right thing to do and sends out the wrong message

It's very clear where we go next sounded to me the opposite, hope you are correct though. Not because I think there's much difference generally between the 2, just that it's the right thing to do and sends out the wrong message
Two ways to read it:

1) Johnstone is clearly the #1, one game from Sa doesn't change that

2) The on-record messaging has always been (even if we as fans didn't believe it to be true) that there's a competition for the #1 shirt. So this needn't be a big step or a formal changing of the guard, we'll do as we always planned which is to pick whichever one is in better form, which is now Sa

Hopefully it's Option 2.

Two ways to read it:

1) Johnstone is clearly the #1, one game from Sa doesn't change that

2) The on-record messaging has always been (even if we as fans didn't believe it to be true) that there's a competition for the #1 shirt. So this needn't be a big step or a formal changing of the guard, we'll do as we always planned which is to pick whichever one is in better form, which is now Sa

Hopefully it's Option 2.
Nothing says Johnstone has been massively disappointing louder than Deutsch calling for Sa!

Whacks his rep a little in the dressing room if Jose isn't backed now.
If we are to truly believe SJ and Sa are in direct competition then Sa pushed himself to the front yesterday.
GO has gone public that it's a straight fight between them...despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise.

Clearly he can't have told Sa "you are out the moment SJ is fit" or else we get a Brighton performance from him.

Back