• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

So, what games should we have expected to win? Exactly, not one of them. And fot the language aimed at the Boss, I'm appalled. You are a disgrace to the Club.
Yep I’m certain Gaz is a regular on here, and poor Gaz on his £1million plus wages each year and payout if he is sacked.

Who’s available or has there been any links?

So, what games should we have expected to win? Exactly, not one of them. And fot the language aimed at the Boss, I'm appalled. You are a disgrace to the Club.
It's not about expecting to win its about being competitive, sometimes this season we have been but its been far too chaotic too often and today it was probably as bad as its been. Brentford aren't a terrible team but they're nothing special, we should absolutely be matching them and despite our attacking prowess giving us 3 goals, make no mistake this was a tanking by a very average team with a good coach.

Alright, I’ll bite.

What’s with the semicolon?

Three centre halves is going to solve nothing.

We were an absolute sieve for most of last season. When we played three centre halves.
We're not even a sieve this season. We're a fucking open drain.

Oh for the days of a sieve.

Also having the personnel to play a back three when required and have sufficient cover when necessary would have been nice.

Guarantee you 3 CHs is a complete fig leaf.

So take your pick out of these:

André, Lemina, J Gomes, Forbs, Cunha, Strand Larsen.

You want to swap one of those out for Santi Bueno and it's going to make us better? No it won't.

You want to swap one of those out for Santi Bueno and it's going to make us better? No it won't.

After today, I might argue Lemina…….bit completely agree with your point.

Anyone that thinks formation is our biggest issue is as deluded as Gary O’Neil.

My guess is Gary will play André there. Apparently he had some number of “not just an emergency” starts at that position in Brazil.

I can't believe he's still here.

I can believe Fosun are going to give him another 5-6 games where he'll play with a back 5 and park the bus and play on the counter, and we'll be shite but pick up a win or two. They'll think he's stopped the rot but he hasn't, and he'll be gone come the new year, and we'll end up with some cunt like Lampard or Moyes, and nothing will change and we'll go down.

What I will say is O'Neil isn't a wanker like Hoddle, Saunders or Lage obviously were. So you can think he's not good enough (I don't think, I'm pretty sure I know) but keep the personal stuff out of it.
The self serving bollocks where he was in love with his tactical master strokes on Monday Night Football was just embarrassing and he was a complete wanker on it.

Largely he comes across as a decent man other than that.

Hobbs I dislike, over promoted shit shield.

They are going to use the next 2 weeks to sound someone out and ditch him after City. Because they haven’t actually planned for this scenario the fucking clowns.

They are going to use the next 2 weeks to sound someone out and ditch him after City. Because they haven’t actually planned for this scenario the fucking clowns.
Itk or opinion?

Back