• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

Sick of this bullshit narrative in the press that were hard done by because “Wolves have sold their two best players”……fuck off.

Granted, our best player - but he was injured half the time and a defender who we received fucking ridiculous money for.

And……guess fucking what……lots of other clubs around us lost good players too…..any of you idiots considered that?

Didn’t see Bournemouth missing £65m Solanke the other night when they scored three?
Haven’t seen Fulham missing £50m Paulinha much either?
Haven’t heard many excuses from Palace when they lost £60m Olise?
Oh and Brentford fluked fucking five past us today…….without their £60m superstar talisman…..even his fucking replacement was injured too.

Admittedly, the club cunts didn’t invest in replacements…….but we are bottom and we definitely don’t have the worst squad in the PL.

I’m fucking sick of GON’s hard luck stories and small club bullshit.

If we’re getting pumped five by fucking Brentford, why the fuck is anyone anticipating these November games to be any easier?

Nothing is changing. Every fucking week.

Potter would be ideal, unfortunately he ain’t touching this Club with a barge pole.

If they don’t act now then they really don’t have a fucking clue and will sleepwalk into relegation. I mean we know they don’t have a fucking clue but look at those stats man, we’re on course to be the worst PL team since it was invented. If they can’t see that then they deserve to lose everything, absolutely everything. GON is not good enough, he never has been and the last seven, SEVEN, months has proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I think I’d take any one of them ahead of GON. And I despise Fat Frank.

Moyes maybe.
Might knock a few heads together.
Not marking at corners is not about coaching. Unless we're talking 6 year olds. Same with full-backs making no effort to cut crosses out. Pathetic, I'd go so far as to say deliberate.
Stupid bookings, inept set pieces and throw-ins, whinging and trying to get free kicks when you've been tackled. Sick of it.

Guarantee you 3 CHs is a complete fig leaf.

So take your pick out of these:

André, Lemina, J Gomes, Forbs, Cunha, Strand Larsen.

You want to swap one of those out for Santi Bueno and it's going to make us better? No it won't.
Not at all. Before the season started I wasn't arguing that we should play three at the back because I was happy with our CB options.

I argued we should play three at the back because I was extremely unhappy with our CB options...

We should have signed a CB after Kilman was sold. I had no problem with Kilman being sold, but I have a huge problem with him not being adequately replaced.

Our four senior CB options of Dawson, Bueno, Toti and Mosquera wasn't good enough in my opinion and didn't allow for injuries/suspensions or flexibility in formations.

As good as Andre may be, we didn't need him in a position that wasn't really a problem and we had adequate depth in. We needed a CB.

A CB who was first team ready should have been a priority and would have improved the XI whether playing two or three CB's, and crucially adding depth and flexibility to the squad.

So to answer your question I would drop Andre (I would never have bought him) and replace him with a decent CB (Which we don't fucking have).

Not at all. Before the season started I wasn't arguing that we should play three at the back because I was happy with our CB options.

I argued we should play three at the back because I was extremely unhappy with our CB options...

We should have signed a CB after Kilman was sold. I had no problem with Kilman being sold, but I have a huge problem with him not being adequately replaced.

Our four senior CB options of Dawson, Bueno, Toti and Mosquera wasn't good enough in my opinion and didn't allow for injuries/suspensions or flexibility in formations.

As good as Andre may be, we didn't need him in a position that wasn't really a problem and we had adequate depth in. We needed a CB.

A CB who was first team ready should have been a priority and would have improved the XI whether playing two or three CB's, and crucially adding depth and flexibility to the squad.

So to answer your question I would drop Andre (I would never have bought him) and replace him with a decent CB (Which we don't fucking have).
I would add I think given our current personnel, playing three at the back would benefit RAN who is a very good player but lacking as a full back in that he doesn't defend.

Toti looks better on the left of a three, Dawson would benefit having pace beside him no matter the formation and Bueno was never fancied by GON so why the fuck was another CB not signed? It's fucking negligent.

Lampard would be Hoddle all over again for me. Some spiv who'd have no affinity towards the club or Wolverhampton who'd treat their entire tenure as doing us a favour.

I get you can't always have a bond between club and coach like that as with Nuno but I feel the next appointment is as critical as the post Solbakken appointment and we know the short-mid term damage when fucking that up caused.

Last edited:
If there’s no news today then I fully expect him to be here for the next 3 games which is criminally negligent from the board.
I think leaving it longer than today would seal our relegation, the damage being done on a simple psychological factor will be to great to overcome.
They’ve backed themselves into a corner with GON giving him a 4 year contract less than 3 months ago. They know sacking him now makes them look like poor judges and they’re hoping he turns it around.
I’d take Moyes which few years back I never thought I’d be saying.
The GA column needs reducing rapidly before we can contemplate winning matches.

They have to act today, on the basis the city game is a write off and its the international break too. TheBrighton game is three weeks away.

I think leaving it longer than today would seal our relegation, the damage being done on a simple psychological factor will be to great to overcome.

The GA column needs reducing rapidly before we can contemplate winning matches.

I think the psychological factor can be overcome quickly by a strong manager coming in and charting a new direction. I think if we're leaving this till 2025 then that becomes less likely (mathematically too as well)

Regarding the GA column, GON has settled into something too chaotic for that to happen. Can't see this team he's created grinding out wins, not sure if he thinks that's beneath him

Back