• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich (A) 31/10 Build-Up Thread #bogeyteam #mayaswellnotbother

Nuno needs to take our front three to task at half time. They're playing as if they're the only Wolves on the pitch, no interest in bringing the rest of the team up the field and it's stretching play to hell. They're creating chances but they aren't particularly good chances and we'd be far better served trying to pull Norwich apart than just dribble around them.

It's really frustrating to watch.
Cottee's got a boner on about the way we're playing....

Seems a long time since everyone was melting down about Jordan Graham going on loan to a promotion rival, not even in the squad again (unless I have missed he is injured?) and Fulham are once again losing at home.

So you're saying we only need 3 players to get passed the Norwich defence?

At least as much as we have been. But it also means we have Cav running into blind alleys and losing possession like he did just a second ago. There are better options and I'm not sure why they're not taking them.

Good half of football if you ask me, very end to end but as they push they are leaving gaps and we are taking them. All of the front 3 have been great and only that final ball is lacking.

Boly has been terrific we are so much better when he plays with and without the ball.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Half time. 1-0.

Really weird half to watch, for all the lovely play from our front three and the chances they created I'm royally peeved at all of them. Poor decision making from them have allowed Norwich to get the ball back too easily and quickly and we haven't sustained any pressure on them. And yet all three of them (Cav, Leo, and Jota) look like they could score at any moment.

I don't know how to feel about it.

Shout out to Boly, this is the first time I've watched him live and he's living up to the hype and then some. Looks comfortable enough on the ball that we could even stick him in midfield if we were desperate. However his quality stands in stark contrast to Bennett on the other side, who has defended well but doesn't seem to want anything to do with the ball in possession.

Don't want to be too harsh on Bennett, however. All three CBs have been excellent.

QPR winning but so are Cardiff. I think this game is far from done Norwich aren't sitting back at all. Bennett has looked decent in fairness to him probably a marginal improvement on Batth.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hows Bennett doing?

He's been great. He's clearly not in the team to put his foot on the ball and play it forward but he's defending very well. Always looks for the safest option but sometimes that's what you need.

He's been great. He's clearly not in the team to put his foot on the ball and play it forward but he's defending very well. Always looks for the safest option but sometimes that's what you need.

Thanks, the most important thing a defender has to do is defend. Everything else is a bonus

Second half underway, no commentary here (or graphics) but I didn't see any subs for either side.

Back