• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Norwich 3 v Wolves 1 - not the game we wanted verdict thread

I'd feel better with Williamson at centre back and Edwards has stopped scoring so maybe time to give Evans another go to try and get more control in midfield. Norwich are a good side regardless of recent form so losing away to them isn't a disaster but we need to get back on track next game

Cheers for the report PQ.

I'm a bit concerned about Willo not featuring after the Stoke game, not even on the bench today, hope he's not crocked again

I'd feel better with Williamson at centre back and Edwards has stopped scoring so maybe time to give Evans another go to try and get more control in midfield. Norwich are a good side regardless of recent form so losing away to them isn't a disaster but we need to get back on track next game
Lambert has made it clear he sees it as Price plays or Evans

Dele Ali has just got a yellow for a shove worse than Ikeme's.

Doesn't make it any less a red if the referee deems it that way, does it.

Ikeme was a dick, we move on

Seen the highlights. It's a dive and then barely even a push. It's not a red card, simple. It's not even a red card in the rules no matter how much you try and claim it is.

Hoolahan falling over from a tap and then playing the big man after. Laughable

The simple fact is that the referee has deemed it violent conduct, so it is a red within the rules, and will be beyond any chance of appeal.

We will appeal and it will be overturned. It's not a red card

I'd be appealing it too, but it's a discretionary decision by the ref based on the amount of force used, it's not simply cut and dried. Could go either way. But I'd certainly be showing other recent shoves like Dele Alli tonight in mitigation.

Can see why the ref has sent Ikeme off, he's raised his hands and they are pretty close to Hoolahan's neck. He's barely touched him but stupid decision giving the referee a decision to make. We could appeal all we like i think the FA will back up their ref in this instance. I'm more pissed off that he gave the pen as it's a clear dive when he realises that he's poked the ball out of play.

That's half the point though, if someone had blatantly cheated to fool another pathetic ref it would make anyone angry.

We will appeal and it will be overturned. It's not a red card

We might appeal but we have more chance of overturning the American election. If the ref says it is a red, then it is a red as it is a discretionary law. So the authorities will back their man. The Alli incident is utter red herring.

Yeah it would make you angry but you only make things worse when you raise your hands.

They have been appealed and rescinded before Pad. There's no saying it won't succeed. Could be unlikely but it would hardly be a frivolous appeal given other shoves that have happened, so worth doing IMO.

IF the referee says it is a straight red for the foul then yes, appeal away, as he is wrong in law.

IF the referee says it is a straight red for the shove being violent conduct then you are depending on the authorities believing the referee was significantly wrong to get the decision. Chances are slim to non-existent, although I agree it is unlikely to be viewed as frivolous so there is no harm in chancing our arm. Especially if we can put the appeal in at such a time that its consideration meant Ikeme was available for Anfield (no idea whether that is a possible)

Yeah it would make you angry but you only make things worse when you raise your hands.

Heat of the moment you don't think though do you. Easy for us to sit here and say he shouldn't have done anything after the player conned the ref but that snap second when the ref mist came down he wouldn't have taken a second to think his actions through.

I will be amazed if we appeal and if we do, I will be amazed if it is won.

Especially if we can put the appeal in at such a time that its consideration meant Ikeme was available for Anfield (no idea whether that is a possible)

They hear all the appeals in the same week now, so we'll know before Saturday if he can play or not.

Especially if we can put the appeal in at such a time that its consideration meant Ikeme was available for Anfield (no idea whether that is a possible)

New system means any appeal will be done and dusted before the next game. Pretty sure we will have until 5pm on Monday to lodge the appeal and the FA will look at it within 72 hours.

Thanks chaps - I had a feeling they might have changed the system to stop that occurring.

Back