• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

North Korea

Paxman: is there likely to be an uprising like the Arab Spring? [facepalm]

I think this is a load of rhetoric actually, but I'm quite surprised by the knowledge on this thread. If North Korea actually presses the attack button, South Korea/US will only be able to win this war by turning nuclear. That's scary.

I would suspect that China will eventually reign in the North Koreans - I cannot believe that they want a conflict that close to their borders, though they may let it go some way before they stop it.

Without Chinese support I don't think NK could survive for long. Having said that The NK leadership probably are not concerned with the rest of the population to any great degree

I would suspect that China will eventually reign in the North Koreans - I cannot believe that they want a conflict that close to their borders, though they may let it go some way before they stop it.

Without Chinese support I don't think NK could survive for long. Having said that The NK leadership probably are not concerned with the rest of the population to any great degree

I hope the Chinese reign them in quickly. Things are escalating, and sooner rather than later, some-one will fire at the other side.

I hope the Chinese reign them in quickly. Things are escalating, and sooner rather than later, some-one will fire at the other side.

The Russians, Chinese and the Yanks are fairly tight. This one world government isn't a myth and there will not be an escalation between the big players. If he launched an attack on the South he would get no support anywhere and he knows it.

Paxman: is there likely to be an uprising like the Arab Spring? [facepalm] South Korea/US will only be able to win this war by turning nuclear. That's scary.

Nah. The Norks havent got many nukes. They launch one and they'll fuck up Alaska, or Guam. In response they'll see thir country levelled by the US, without the need for nukes.

There was some-one on the radio this morning from Jane's defence weekly, and he said he doubted if North Korea had a weapon that could reach Guam.

Nah. The Norks havent got many nukes. They launch one and they'll fuck up Alaska, or Guam. In response they'll see thir country levelled by the US, without the need for nukes.

Whilst the North has few nukes and they'll be well defended against anyway; I think people have vastly underestimated the resources the North have after that anyway. Their army is 8 times the size of the South, and the US army isn't in South Korea in many numbers either. China will be key here. They've put troops on the border for the first time in a long while today...

Whilst the North has few nukes and they'll be well defended against anyway; I think people have vastly underestimated the resources the North have after that anyway. Their army is 8 times the size of the South, and the US army isn't in South Korea in many numbers either. China will be key here. They've put troops on the border for the first time in a long while today...

The US still has a large military presence in the area via the naval and air force bases in Guam. Hence why DPRK has already made threatening Guam a priority, and why the US has deployed mid-range missile defense systems to the island.

If the crisis escalates, would the Chinese tolerate a land invasion of North Korea?

Michael Laudrup has confirmed Swansea's planned 3 game pre season tour of South Korea is currently in doubt.

If the crisis escalates, would the Chinese tolerate a land invasion of North Korea?

Very much doubt it as they could potentially have South Korean and US troops ending up on there border. Also if there is an invasion there will be plenty of North Koreans heading into China as refugees and they wont want that either.

Actually would anyone want US and Chinese troops looking across at each other on a border.

Not only is the North Korean leader knewly in power, but so are the Chinese, South Korean and Japanese leaders, dotn know how experianced diplomatically they all are.

Very much doubt it as they could potentially have South Korean and US troops ending up on there border. Also if there is an invasion there will be plenty of North Koreans heading into China as refugees and they wont want that either.

Actually would anyone want US and Chinese troops looking across at each other on a border.

Not only is the North Korean leader knewly in power, but so are the Chinese, South Korean and Japanese leaders, dotn know how experianced diplomatically they all are.

Sigh of relief Mitt Romney doesn't have his finger on the button.

If the Americans cancelled army maneuvers in the South would that give an opportunity for discussion?

image_1365075871959106.jpg

Someone explain what N/S Korea is like? (Or a link to read)

Are they really controlled etc?

Back