• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

North Korea

its mainly just hot air from a new leader, they know if they were to kick pretty much most the world is against them even China are starting to get annoyed by them and that is there only alis.

There's rhetoric then there's what they are pumping out currently.

If North Korea align themselves with the likes of Iran, fuck knows what would happen. China are the only ones who can control the madmen in North Korea, but they do not seem to be doing much, well not on the surface anyway.

I'm just reading this at the moment:-

http://nothingtoenvy.com/

I have to say I find the country fascinating. It makes you appreciate how lucky we really are.

HW - I finished reading that about 6 months ago after getting it as a birthday present from someone who works in the human rights / democracy field - the book really opened my eyes up to a whole new world, fascinating. I've read a few more since, but Camp 14 is next on my list - a story where I know basically what happens but I need to read Shin's account firsthand.

North Korea has now said it is at a state of war with the south, then again I thought they have always been at war since the 1953 peace treaty just it has never come to armed conflict.
This really does sound like Kim Jung un flexing his muscles and trying to prove a point to his own people, surely he knows going to war with America is pure suicidal on his behalf.

North Korea has now said it is at a state of war with the south, then again I thought they have always been at war since the 1953 peace treaty just it has never come to armed conflict.
This really does sound like Kim Jung un flexing his muscles and trying to prove a point to his own people, surely he knows going to war with America is pure suicidal on his behalf.

They've effectively withdrawn from the armistice.

They've effectively withdrawn from the armistice.

America is responding by flying stealth bombers with nuclear capabilities near to the border, could be a case of how te north views this. Hopefully his advisers in the get him to see some sense. The biggest worry could be how quickly it could escalate and involve other nations near by, ie china, Japan or even Russia.

America is responding by flying stealth bombers with nuclear capabilities near to the border, could be a case of how te north views this. Hopefully his advisers in the get him to see some sense. The biggest worry could be how quickly it could escalate and involve other nations near by, ie china, Japan or even Russia.

As I've said previously If it does escalate, Russia and China won't accept a US presence on their border.

Unless the USA directly attacks North Korea, then I would expect China and Russia would be reluctant to get involved.

I can't imagine russia or china, who know full well the US's agreements with the south would be worried about US involvement in any fighting. They just wouldn't accept stronger US presence than currently once the fighting was finished.

I can't imagine russia or china, who know full well the US's agreements with the south would be worried about US involvement in any fighting. They just wouldn't accept stronger US presence than currently once the fighting was finished.

A return to the status quo will be an absolute must.

If it goes nuclear....

Surely the Chinese Government will be able to tell North Korea to back off, while I feel it is just a case of seeing how far they can push things, the implications of any attack are very concerning, as even minor skirmishes can quickly escalate.

Surely the Chinese Government will be able to tell North Korea to back off, while I feel it is just a case of seeing how far they can push things, the implications of any attack are very concerning, as even minor skirmishes can quickly escalate.

You've got to understand this isn't a normal country with a normal
Ideology. It can't be judged by the same rules. Even with Communist USSR they understood MAD which is why the Cold War stayed cold, and also why Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan didn't overspill into more than a Cold War by proxy war

Although this is happening in a small corner of the world the whole planet will be looking on with some anxiety simply because the dominoe effect from this could effect many people.
Let's just hope that cooler heads prevail in this situation, I'm just happy that its Barack Obama as US president and not George W Bush dealing with this.

Although this is happening in a small corner of the world the whole planet will be looking on with some anxiety simply because the dominoe effect from this could effect many people.
Let's just hope that cooler heads prevail in this situation, I'm just happy that its Barack Obama as US president and not George W Bush dealing with this.

Very true. Without wishing to dramatise this has the potential to go regional very easily.

Very true. Without wishing to dramatise this has the potential to go regional very easily.

True, in all honesty I can see ourselves staying well clear of this one, we don't have the resources plus can we afford another war I think not. I think we will America to deal with this one.

I can't see anything happening to be honest. I'd imagine he'll suffer some kind of accident at the hands of his advisors if he's mad enough to escalate it to a war between N.Korea and practically everyone else.

Back