• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle United (H) build up

Ronan started for the u23s tonight so I guess he's not starting Saturday. Bright back in at 10 maybe?

Ronan only played 45 mins so I don't think that rules him out for Saturday

Morning lads,

Felt this was as good a thread as any to ask a couple of questions?

Consensus up here is that Wolves are a counter attack side, and you seem to do better on your travels than you do at home. That being said, do you think Lambert will set up as if you're the away team against us?
Did you make any signings in the winter window that will change the way you play?
What are you expecting from the game in terms of performances, and scoreline?
Which of your players should cause us most concern?
Which of our players worry you?
Where do you see us ending up?

Cheers Lads

Morning lads,

Consensus up here is that Wolves are a counter attack side, and you seem to do better on your travels than you do at home. That being said, do you think Lambert will set up as if you're the away team against us?
Did you make any signings in the winter window that will change the way you play?

Cheers Lads

- We are better on the counter attack - given your strengths we will probably set up the same, even when we are at home. Our pace on the break lends itself to this.

- Not really

- I fancy us to nick it 1-0 (famous last words...)

- Helder Costa, Weimann perhaps and Edwards is in a good run of scoring. And Helder Costa :)

- Shelvey but not really for football reasons :)

- First

Morning lads,

Consensus up here is that Wolves are a counter attack side, and you seem to do better on your travels than you do at home. That being said, do you think Lambert will set up as if you're the away team against us? You are a very attacking team from what I've seen so we will try to hit you on the break using our pace
Did you make any signings in the winter window that will change the way you play? Signed a rightback/winger so he won't make any difference to our set up. Costa signing permanently was a huge "good feeling" boost
What are you expecting from the game in terms of performances, and scoreline? I'd be happy with a point to be honest
Which of your players should cause us most concern? Helder Costa has been exceptional for us. He has pace to burn and will cause you lots of problems (I hope)
Which of our players worry you? Gayle is a decent forward at this level and our defence will have to be on their toes while Shelvey pulls the strings...We will have to stop him playing
Where do you see us ending up? You should have more than enough to go up and should be aiming to win the division

Cheers Lads

Good luck for the rest of the season but just not on Saturday ;)

Cheers for the answers, as an aside, Gayle might be back, but I'd not be surprised if Rafa doesn't risk him. We've 6 away games in the next nine and 5 games in February. We need Gayle fit and firing for most of those.

Morning lads,

Cheers Lads

You were pretty much unanimous favourites to win this league with us on here before a ball was kicked and that has not changed. That said I would be delighted with a point against you this week. Our home form is pretty rank and we have lost to some real shit teams both home and away. I fancy a 3 3 draw. Good luck back the premier league. Its yours to lose this year. Bodvarrson and Dicko are both so due a goal and we often play better against top sides at home having beaten Reading here. That said we were shit against Derby first half. Let's hope for a goal fest and smiles all round

As much as I love a proper cavalier, hell for leather, goalfest... I'd settle for a turgid, scrappy, undeserved 1-0 win this weekend. If Brighton drop points tonight at Shef Wed, we can steal a march on the title and calm a few nerves on Tyneside.

From Tim II - Team news - Mason still out (hernia) but back soon. Of Saiss and Williamson the former is more likely to feature tomorrow, Lambert says.

From Tim II - Team news - Mason still out (hernia) but back soon. Of Saiss and Williamson the former is more likely to feature tomorrow, Lambert says.

Is that like saying, "Of the two hairy bikers, Si King is more likely to land a modelling contract"?

Bang on again Daniel.

Think I'd start Bright over Ronan though, I'm a big fan of his, think we should be starting him behind the striker every game from now on. Think we look a much better team with him in it, able to receive the ball in tight spaces and hold off defenders while looking for his next pass. He's squandered a few good chances but once he knocks a few in I feel like he'll really kick on.

Good preview DW. Like the comments at the start re game scheduling. Wasn't aware of that til now, though the cup match/re-arrangements might have worsened this?

Having Ronan & Enobakhare giving us options is brilliant I think. Both offer something different, and one at least should be starting every game if possible.

Are we on live TV anywhere tomorrow? And might there be a stream?

Last edited:
It's live on sky at 5.30 so there will be streams

Edit: just seen your edit [emoji1]

Would rather see Ronan or Bright in the 10 position as this game will not define our season & would rather see one of these 2 develop

There can be experience behind them to give some protection& we don't have anyone else (fit) who can play there any better

Not Bright's biggest fan. Ronan I think we should give the rest of the season at 10 fitness permitting.

I fancy a slim Wolves win with Dicko to finally get on the score sheet and score the first goal. Can anyone point me to a website that can give me a price for that and yes I have had a drink.....or two.

Back