• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

I Agree with Alan - Costa was pointless, Cav and Traore at least tried to make something happen.

We struggle with packed, defensive sides - seemed the kind of game for MGW to me, we need someone to break the lines. Jiminez worked his backside off as usual, but it wasn’t his night. Jonny was fantastic. Would have liked to see Vinagre come in and Jonny go to the right side after about an hour.

Really happy with the equaliser, we didn’t deserve to lose that, even if we didn’t really deserve to lose it. Happy to see Benítez throw his lardarse weeble body around in a strop too, the miserable, super negative Gary rowett wannabe.

Traore was parks standard tonight. Utter shite but an assist is an assist no matter how garbage.

Traore did about as well as you could hope given he was playing RWB.

Traore did about as well as you could hope given he was playing RWB.

Coady gave him an almighty bollocking for not moving off the ball and when he did receive the pass then miscontrolled it to Longstaff.

He was terrible.

Traore was where Nuno told him to be, i could even hear him saying it. We all know what he's like, you've got to give him the ball to feet. When we finally did that we created one chance and scored another. Wasn't a good performance, but he came on and we didn't lose. I won't say anything about Helder as I don't believe in using hyperbole about out players.

Actually thinking about it he also had the shot to the back post which which was blocked for the header which Raul should have scored and also potentially a penalty. Not bad for 10 mins, especially as he didn't touch it with his feet for the first 5 of those.

Should it have been a penalty? Sky didn’t show a replay that I noticed.
Probably but equally he was never going to get one for that kind of foul in the 92nd minute.

Back now. As was said at the time it was a very weird game. Personally don't think we did enough to win the game but definitely did not deserve to lose it either.

We got in behind them a few times first half and forced Dubravka into a couple of good saves but otherwise Newcastle's defence was organised for most of the game and we struggled to penetrate. Doc missed that great chance just after the break but otherwise we lacked quality going forwards, thought all the subs were poor when coming on and Jimenez had an off day. Oh, and our set pieces were really disappointing today too. Couldn't even beat the first man for most of them in the first half.

Their goal was a rubbish one to concede. Starts with that awful Patricio kick and his attempt to save it is terrible. Boly was asleep but you have to expect a goalkeeper of Patricio's standard to not make either of those errors. His kicking was bad again today, struggled to make the halfway line and one he booted straight out of play.

I haven't seen the goal back, but from the images I have seen it looks like a foul by Boly. Lucky if so but a deserved equaliser considering the number of chances. Need to see it again tomorrow.

Unusual game but enjoyed it nonetheless. Thanks to Quirk for the ticket and nice to meet everyone from the forum again.

Random irritations:
The ref for booking Jota and Schar for next to nothing, use your common sense and just have a word

The same people by me who left early against Leicester, did the same again tonight. Why? Is 5 minutes ahead of everyone else really that important? Fools.

The bloke who took a full tray of chips + sauce into the North Bank toilets at half time. You dirty, dirty bastard.

Guy near me turned up 20 minute late then left 10 minutes early saying they're all shit, pathetic, and fucking idiots. [emoji2369]

Meeting today

A few showed up for the second half.

Nice bunch of people, some have been to Molineux, probably on business trips as I think most of them work for the Fosun group or corporate affiliates.

Just one of those nights, thought we were by far the better team and created plenty of good chances, just a bit sloppy with final pass or shot. Nothing went right for Jiminez all night...it happens. Rui and Boly, ugh for their goal, for all his good work Boly switches off too often for my liking. On the plus side we kept going right till the end and got a more than deserved equaliser.

We were the better team by far, as far as not deserving to win is concerned I think we did. We created loads more than them.
But all in all a draw is not all that bad considerring they are managed by the best manager ever in the world.
Did you see their new record signing diving by the corner? fucking disgusting should have been carded cheating bastard.

A few things that annoyed me from the last night but the biggest annoyance comes from after the game. The amount of people, inc pundits, who still don't get time added on and the fact the time displayed is the MINIMUM that will be added on, not the exact amount of time.
As soon as 4 mins went up, Newcastle made a sub that took nearly a minute. The ref even gestured he had stopped his watch during this. We then scored nearly a minute after the 4 mins had passed.

Bit of a strange game really, summed up by 2 of the worst goals you'll ever see. I thought Newcastle were absolutely atrocious, it's not even like you could say that they defended well, people moan about our defending from set pieces but fuck me, every corner/free kick that went in they were leaving runners free or fucking up clearances.

60% possession and 20+ attempts at goal so you can't say we didn't deserve at least a point but I think you could tell by the players reaction at the end that they knew they hadn't performed as well as they could've done. We need to find a way to step up against the shit teams like Newcastle, Huddersfield, Fulham, etc.

Last night our finishing let us down. Doc and Raul should both have scored and Doc's is when the score is 0-0. We have previously struggled to create chances against the bus parkers and last night we created more than enough good chances against the ultimate bus parkers. We were not at our best but still should have walked away with 2 or 3 goals.

Back