• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Newcastle (H) - 11.02.19 - Monday Night Football

Time wasting on their sub in injury time. No sympathy.

Kluivert crying about it was funny.

Thank god!

We actually created some pretty good chances in all as wel so glad we got one in the end

We were tremendously unlucky today.

2.41 to 0.6 xG.

ExG 2.41 to 0.43

22 shots, 8 on target. 9 and 3 for them.

And people will no doubt say we got lucky!

Our shit goalkeeping was shitter than theirs. They can't even beat us at that.

His hands come down on top of his shoulders with no real force, and that was only once Dubravka at the top of his jump. So it didn't impede his jump or his arms.

Not in any way a foul.

Boly is just up early and Dubravka has no idea he's there so just ends up jumping underneath him and Boly has won the ball easily as the keeper is floundering.

Lot of Newcastle defenders just standing around watching it happen.

Hahahahahahahaha! The reaction in my local when we scored was priceless! The fans take their cue from Rafa in the whinging bastard stakes... We didn't deserve to lose that. They are gash, playing Championship football.

As for Boly's goal, I've seen fouls given for less to be honest, but there's no way they deserved to win that game, negative, boring shite.

ExG 2.41 to 0.43

22 shots, 8 on target. 9 and 3 for them.

And people will no doubt say we got lucky!

Actually, that's exactly what I was going to say because, watching it, that's how it felt. Not because we weren't all over them (we clearly were), but because we didn't manage to take advantage any of those good situations we created. That must be somewhat our own failing, surely? It's not like Dubravka had a worldie for 94 and a half minutes, or that there was any last-ditch defending going on. And we were lucky in that Adama's rugby-style up-and-under assist landed in just the right place for their keeper to fuck it up, otherwise we would have lost a game we should have got something from. It feels like we got away with not losing to ourselves.

Actually, that's exactly what I was going to say because, watching it, that's how it felt. Not because we weren't all over them (we clearly were), but because we didn't manage to take advantage any of those good situations we created. That must be somewhat our own failing, surely? It's not like Dubravka had a worldie for 94 and a half minutes, or that there was any last-ditch defending going on. And we were lucky in that Adama's rugby-style up-and-under assist landed in just the right place for their keeper to fuck it up, otherwise we would have lost a game we should have got something from. It feels like we got away with not losing to ourselves.
Yeah, that equaliser papered over a lot of cracks this evening. We were literally seconds from losing another game against a side in the bottom 5 of the league, despite the formation tweak.

Costa was absolutely terrible again. Seriously - we are a small squad, but I would genuinely rather see Traore come on first for every game over the remainder of the season, than Costa. At least Adama has the potential to make something happen.

Rui needs to seriously do some work behind closed doors on his kicking. That was pathetic tonight and it very nearly cost us.

There were a few other things that bugged me about our performance tonight, but they can wait. I’m pleased the lads kept plugging away right until the last kick/head of the game, so credit where it’s due for that.

Costa was absolutely terrible again. Seriously - we are a small squad, but I would genuinely rather see Traore come on first for every game over the remainder of the season, than Costa. At least Adama has the potential to make something happen.

Rui needs to seriously do some work behind closed doors on his kicking.

Well I was at a different game cos Costa came on, held the ball up and ran the line winning several corners.
Not really sure what else he's supposed to do.
Johnny was fantastic 1st half, some of the timing on his tackles was top class.

Didn't think this was anything like the games against the shite we played earlier in the season.
In those games we were dreadful and never looked like scoring, today we should have scored a couple in all honesty, just didn't bring the shooting boots.

Never a foul on Dubravka.
Appauling from Rui and not good from Boly on their goal.

Yeah, Costa was really, really bad.

Cav and Adama were okay, not good, but at least created a few things.

Overall I thought it was a fine performance against an exceptionally organized defensive team. Longstaff was imperious for them. Ultimately though we were just not making Dubravka work hard enough. He had a good game until our goal but equally we never stretched him.

If we put our shots closer to corners then we're out of sight. We didn't, so we got a draw. Fair enough.

Back