• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Manager Search *BACK ON*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Shi have to do to get sacked?

Sure, we all know the issues with Bruno Lage - and I won't repeat them again for everyone's sanity - but Jeff Shi is ultimately in charge. He is running the overall operation. He employed Lage in the first place. He then didn't sack him at the end of last season. He then again didn't sack him before the international break. Now he's not employed someone to replace Lage during a run of games where it's imperative we win points. Either the bloke is trying to actively get sacked or he wants us to get relegated.

Compete and utter incompetence.

Tedesco is another one who's all or nothing, I think? Seems to be a big character who will probably get the fans pulling in the right direction with the players, but has also been sacked from a couple of jobs when things have gone south quickly?

Reactions: b3h
What does Shi have to do to get sacked?

Sure, we all know the issues with Bruno Lage - and I won't repeat them again for everyone's sanity - but Jeff Shi is ultimately in charge. He is running the overall operation. He employed Lage in the first place. He then didn't sack him at the end of last season. He then again didn't sack him before the international break. Now he's not employed someone to replace Lage during a run of games where it's imperative we win points. Either the bloke is trying to actively get sacked or he wants us to get relegated.

Compete and utter incompetence.

Tedesco is another one who's all or nothing, I think? Seems to be a big character who will probably get the fans pulling in the right direction with the players, but has also been sacked from a couple of jobs when things have gone south quickly?
The cost of getting this next appointment wrong is approximately a quarter of a billion pounds sterling. I’m sure Fosun will be watching him very carefully.

It’s like a new name every day. Surely by now they should have identified the quantities they want in a manager and then looked who has those qualities and made a move.

I actually think the names are now just a smokescreen for Davis staying up until the WC when a new manager will be appointed. Said manager has almost certainly already agreed terms.
I really hope not as we'll be entrenched in the bottom 3 by then.

Dismissed from his duties at OL, Peter Bosz is in the sights of Wolverhampton. If it is true that discussions have taken place with the former Lyonnais, his arrival seems very unlikely to date.

Dismissed from his position at Olympique Lyonnais and replaced by Laurent Blanc, Peter Bosz already has contacts to bounce back. According to our information, it is quite true that Wolverhampton have initiated discussions with the Dutch technician. Exchanges that took place a few days ago. But according to our sources, the chances of Peter Bosz sitting on the Wolverhampton bench are now low. Firstly because his profile is not unanimous internally in the English club. But also because the Wolves are studying other tracks than the one leading to the former Lyonnais.

Much like when people were saying a striker wasn't the golden bullet, I am going to have a low expectation whoever we end up with now. I think anyone who takes this on has got a hell of a job on their hands to try and keep this squad of players up.

Much like when people were saying a striker wasn't the golden bullet, I am going to have a low expectation whoever we end up with now. I think anyone who takes this on has got a hell of a job on their hands to try and keep this squad of players up.
I'm hoping we stay up, Jeff is fired and Guo installs actual people who can run a football club and fucks Mendes off.

I realise this post should be sponsored by unicorns pissing rainbows with a pot of gold at the end.

Seems the options are foreign coach with question marks or young British one with limited experience.
When Chelsea went looking for a Manager , they approached a Manager who was in a job and doing quite well given the resources . In other words they went for quality .
If we are including in our search , people who are out of a job , then immediately you have to ask why are they not in a job . There are candidates such as Gallardo who resign of their own accord and who are just looking for a new challenge perhaps after taking a few months off .
There are others too who are out of a job and still have a decent record behind them .

However , ideally when you're getting the right person , you are looking for someone still in a job and who have done quite well for themselves .

Mind you, when you're lying 17th in the table you are not an attractive proposition and might well have to accept foreign coaches with question marks over them or young untried British ones .
One way or the other the appointment will have an element of risk attached to it , which we simply now have to suck up .

Im not sure the Times snippet earlier in the week was accurate about a final three names. I was given three names but then told Barry was not in the running. There may be others though like Tedesco, how many I’m really not sure.

Does the three man shortlist exist? Its only been mentioned by The Times.

Im not sure the Times snippet earlier in the week was accurate about a final three names. I was given three names but then told Barry was not in the running. There may be others though like Tedesco, how many I’m really not sure.
This..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back