• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

Either we didn't have any numties near us or my deafness is getting worse

I'm one of these 'tourists' myself (or at least compared to our STHs I meet on here) but I do agree with the complaints, the crowd was very negative where I was sitting and at times actively hostile to the players.

The guy behind me was calling Donck 'Dendonkey' the entire game. Guy on my left was going mental at Kilman, Neto, and especially Vinagre throughout the whole game, shouting at him that he was shit (and then some). When he got subbed off he ironically jeered at him and booed! Every time the ball went back to Coady all around me were grumbling and you got the old gerrit forwards. You would think those people have no idea how we play.

This was my point, which unfortunately got lost. I’ve nothing against part time supporters - I had a break of nearly 20 years between season tickets. It is obvious, on games like yesterday, that a good number of the occasional supporters are very negative. That doesn’t mean the majority are though. It was clear yesterday that there was a lot of groaning at misplaced passes from, for example, Kilman that doesn’t happen in league games.

Edit - where I sit is a problem as the players can actually hear you shout ‘you’re shit’ when it’s quiet. Which is partly why I had a go at the guy behind me - shouting cunt at Vinagre when he can clearly hear you is not on.

Yeah, I made those comments when I was in a bad mood last night, and they weren't sensible comments to make. I guess I just get frustrated at not being able to attend many games these days.

So I retract those remarks and apologise for my cantankerousness!

I’d get cantankerous if I couldn’t get to many games and last night was one of the very few you get to!

Still, Led Zep light show was ace.

I don’t get to many live games but I do watch us a lot by hook or by crook on any tv means available. And yesterday was a real strain on the eyes from both teams. Quite a turgid affair. So if some were rumbling and grumbling about standards of passing and creativity I would suggest their whinges were justified. That’s not defending the gerritt forward yam shit brigade.

I don’t get to many live games but I do watch us a lot by hook or by crook on any tv means available. And yesterday was a real strain on the eyes from both teams. Quite a turgid affair. So if some were rumbling and grumbling about standards of passing and creativity I would suggest their whinges were justified. That’s not defending the gerritt forward yam shit brigade.

Yep I was one of the grumbling ones at times yesterday, tbh I did shout out with frustration yesterday, think it was the short corner routine where Neto turned his back and the return ball trickled out for a throw, but generally I try to keep the moaning down to a minimum and be encouraging with my vocalizing, they're gunna get it it wrong sometimes with our style of play but sometimes its hard not to be critical when the 3rd simple pass in a row is over/under hit

Was fortunate as most of the ones on my row were the usual S/T holders who are on the whole sound - fair bit of 'head in hands moments' (me included) when passes were going astray or the obvious quick pass was not taken, but no real aggro (there were a fair number of non regulars in as it took ages to get in the stand which it doesn't normally, but like sycophantia clearly my hearings worse than I thought as didn't really hear much real player abuse).

We made changes (though less than many) which was understandable, but we all know that the standards drops away more than we would want particularly with Vallejo not working & Cutrone clearly on his way back to Italy. Not an easy (or cheap) problem to deal with in a Jan window.

Suspect that Utd wanted a replay even less than we did (& we didn't)

Total Allocation: 3,048

STH:
Adult - £37 - £47
Under 21 - £27.75 - £35.25
65+ & Under 18 - £18.50 - £20
Under 16 - £13

Members:
Adult - £40 - £50
Under 21 - £30.75 - £38.25
65 + & Under 18 - £21.50 - £23
Under 16 - £13

Non-Member:
Adult - £45 - £55
Under 21 - £35.75 - £43.25
65 + & Under 18 - £26.50 - £28
Under 16 - £18

I hope they enjoy getting their 3,048 tickets back... £47 fucking pounds for two reserve teams?!

Also, isn't the allocation supposed to be about 10% of the capacity?

Used to be 15%. No idea if that's still the rule.

That's only a 4% allocation. Nowhere near the 15% suggested.

Wankers.

We're up there again two and a half weeks later and you need your head looking at given the prices if you're thinking of going, especially given the standard of the first game.

We'd have to pay for the tickets if we insisted on the maximum allocation and we have Bob Hope of selling them all in a window of pretty much one week.

No doubt we are just seeing how sales go and will ask for more if and when.

Chance for people to get some loyalty points. I will certainly not be going.

Price is a joke but mainly because we’re going to be there a few weeks later. It will be a strong team from us. We don’t have enough players for a weak team.

The fixture will take place on either 14th or 15th January, with the date due to be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Thats actually less than the Premier League game allocation!!!

Oh..wish i had the energy to knock up one those Bayern Munich/Ajax banners about greed and money.

Seems to have worked well for their league cup derby match too.

"Utd insane way of releasing tickets in batches has backfired for the derby. Plenty left on general sale.

Loads in east tier two as City only being give 3k, not the 9k that those seats were held back for"

Massively disappointed by the ticket prices to be honest. I can’t commit to away European games but haven’t missed any domestic game for pretty much 3 years until now but i will be missing this as i refuse to pay that price for an fa cup replay.

Just watching the Arsenal/Leeds cup tie. What a difference, they could be playing a different sport from the one we saw. Leeds look tremendous.

Back