• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man Utd FA Cup Thread

He’ll have a decent career I reckon but not in the Premier League I would imagine and certainly not in this team!

Did feel sorry for him today. By all accounts he wasn’t that well today. Thrown in after it was decided Cutrone wouldn’t be involved too.

Leon probably did have a Championship career there waiting for him. He didn't try so he spent years only ever doing anything in the bottom two tiers where you always get tons of chances and he can sort of finish. He got his four month Indian summer at Sheff Utd in the end.

Proudlock was similar but tailed off much much quicker. Better footballer though.

If Benny sticks at it then he will definitely have a career but he is a million miles away from where we are now.

Ennis is potentially a good enough natural footballer I would say but sadly has probably lost 2+ years of development through injuries so I don't think we'll ever see it here. He'll have to drop back down and see how he goes.

If you don't gamble on your winger beating the full back you aren't going to score too many at this level. He didn't on at least two occasions

Some of the 'tourists' as some of you so eloquently put it dont have the luxury of attending every game, so need to pick and choose to fit in with other commitments they may have. So this elitist bullshit might not sit too kindly with a certain section of our fan base who would love to witness every match at Molineux during these rather heady days.

Sorry we don't meet your high standards but hey - we try. We even sing songs on occasions!

With the sarcasm filter away, it was a bit of a damp squib today. I think both sides were there for the taking if there was any sort of cutting edge. Hopefully the replay will be a better game. I'm confident of getting through.

Is it elitist to expect anyone who goes to a game to support our players, rather than call them cunts and wankers in front of a bunch of kids?

Leon probably did have a Championship career there waiting for him. He didn't try so he spent years only ever doing anything in the bottom two tiers where you always get tons of chances and he can sort of finish. He got his four month Indian summer at Sheff Utd in the end.

Proudlock was similar but tailed off much much quicker. Better footballer though.

If Benny sticks at it then he will definitely have a career but he is a million miles away from where we are now.

Ennis is potentially a good enough natural footballer I would say but sadly has probably lost 2+ years of development through injuries so I don't think we'll ever see it here. He'll have to drop back down and see how he goes.

Probably the perfect game for Nuno to know if he is up for the task

Good first 10 minutes, but faded quickly and Slabhead bullied him into submission in the end

It wasn't about Mr Prawn (God that reference really dates - I doubt any corporate hospitality actually serves prawn sandwiches now, mind he did say it about 20 years ago) so you assume correctly.

Ennis and Samuels are better players but I doubt they'll be making it here either.

Benny has no chance, people just look at his goal record in the 23s and assume he's good. He is to a point but not for what we would ever ask. He's the kind of player we would have picked in the very early Mick days or maybe under Ken in L1.

Looked way out of his depth tonight, needs a loan or a move to league 1/2 for some regular first team football and gain some much needed experience.

Is it elitist to expect anyone who goes to a game to support our players, rather than call them cunts and wankers in front of a bunch of kids?

Its never ok to do that, not all 'tourists' do that though. Not bad where we were, a few muted grumbles when we did something really bad and amazingly apart from the guy and girl who were 5 minutes late we didn't have to make way for people getting up and down every 5 minutes.

Positives time

53 injuries over Xmas and we've only suffered a bruised Jota because he fell on his arse

We're still 7th in the league

We're still in the FA Cup and drew with man United rather than Rochdale or Tranmere or losing to lower league opposition. We can see who we draw before working out whether to bother trying to go any further

We're in the last 32 of the Europa League

Boly is nearly fit

We've got a full 7 days before our next game

Well said - a glass half full post !

In addition, we’re disappointed to only have drawn with Man Utd - says so much how far we’ve come as a club/team (conversely the reverse for Man U).

Fairly tepid affair, Neto and Vinagre just took in turns to mess things up on one side had these pair sychronised the good bits we'd have probably created more chances. As for the bodies in the box (generally) we are a defensively minded team, who first of all set up not to concede goals and through training and fitness come into our own as the opponents get tired.

Thought BAS was handled well by the wise head of McQuire. (who is a damn sight better than this board give him credit for)
Donk to me looks mentally fatigued. Lets face it most of the team look like they have played too much football in that respect (apart from Moutinho who looks like he could play everyday). Adama doesn't seem to tire to me. Additionally as he hasn't got a brain (according to some) mental fatigue doesnt come in to it.

The only thing that was really terrible was how on earth has Doc not scored the header.

On the positive side we have a week till next game.

I thought BAS struggled and whilst I like Vinagre and Saiss, we were a far better functioning outfit with the first team on foe the last 20 minutes - just goes to show the gulf in class (especially Moutinho to Saiss if unsurprisingly). Our backup options just aren’t of the same level - but to be fair, neither are United, which is probably why we’re fighting to the same competitions.

I thought Doc should have done better with the header and not headed it into his hand, but maybe it wasn’t as straightforward as it seemed on first glance.

I thought Kilman did okay again, pushed forward nicely with the ball, but his passing alternated between excellent balls to Vinagre down the line, and crap intercepted balls into midfield. There’s a player to develop there though.

Hopefully we can get a couple in before the replay and they can use that game to settle in to the system.

Nope, as discussed earlier anyone we sign now can't play in that game (but they could play vs Newcastle if we signed them in time).

Kilman was very loose with the ball. Defended well though.

As poor as we were at times in possession and as undeniably weak (comparatively) as United are right now, to restrict any top half PL team to literally zero shots on target says you're doing ok at the back. Wasn't like they slammed a load of easy chances wide either.

It’s part of Neves job (especially in a counter attack situation like that) to cover him

I think a bit of reality needs to kick in from some comments , not necessarily on here, that are floating around.

1. We have a strong 13 or 14. Outside of that the quality dips. Significantly in certain positions. BAS did literally nothing foir example.
2. We have played three of the big six in 8 days and shoehorned another game in against the current form team outside the big six.
3. We have done this with a squad that justifiably looks knackered after 36 games already.

The issue for me is that if we were going to win this tie yesterday was the day. It will take a monumental effort to win at old Trafford. Not beyond us but now not likely. Espanol showed against Barcelona that they are no mugs. So we could easily find ourselves out of both cup competition's in a couple of weeks if we don't recover our strength and if we don't recruit well. Uncle Jorge got three in Neto Jordao and Cutrone who have not hit the standards of his other recruits Jota,Neves,Raul, Rui, Moutinho, Boly so in January he needs to get back on his game! We need three quality players to slot in and keep the team at the same standard and level. We looked really average until Raul and latterly Moutinho came on and even Jonny was an upgrade on a poor Vinagre yesterday.

So whilst its no where near the doom some have said it is a time when we need positive action quickly to bolster the squad.

Apologies if this clip has already been posted. Would anyone be critical of Matt Doherty here? https://twitter.com/mattwwfc9/status/1213634486874845185

[Not looking to start pro or anti Doc argument, just asking wiser heads than mine]

Neves job is to cover the wing backs

Doc was miles away and never catching up

Goes with the territory of being a wing back, they're going to get caught up field occasionally.

He could have made more effort to get back though but on the other hand if we turn over possession he's all on his own and we have a man over

BAS was injured or ill, right? He was barely moving, wasn't closing down the defence or anything. That's what I thought

Naw bigger than crayfish. Or at least the crayfish I had in Miami.

There all the bloody same anyway, don’t taste of much and eaten by Utd fans.

Aye, I think so. Unless prawns are more akin to crayfish/crawdads. Which are basically just shrimp themselves.

Basically they are see fairing cockroaches lol!

BAS was injured or ill, right? He was barely moving, wasn't closing down the defence or anything. That's what I thought
Comms here definitely implied he was sick.

Some of the 'tourists' as some of you so eloquently put it dont have the luxury of attending every game, so need to pick and choose to fit in with other commitments they may have. So this elitist bullshit might not sit too kindly with a certain section of our fan base who would love to witness every match at Molineux during these rather heady days.
I'm one of these 'tourists' myself (or at least compared to our STHs I meet on here) but I do agree with the complaints, the crowd was very negative where I was sitting and at times actively hostile to the players.

The guy behind me was calling Donck 'Dendonkey' the entire game. Guy on my left was going mental at Kilman, Neto, and especially Vinagre throughout the whole game, shouting at him that he was shit (and then some). When he got subbed off he ironically jeered at him and booed! Every time the ball went back to Coady all around me were grumbling and you got the old gerrit forwards. You would think those people have no idea how we play.

Back