• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

They don't turn up with the ball on the night, teams have the ball a few days before the actual game so Pep, as much as I like the guy, is talking bollocks.

Classic deflection by Pep really. His multi million pound squad have been pushed to the limits by a reserve team from the Championship, so rather than people talking about his team's failure over 120 minutes all the attention is on the bollocks about the ball. Straight out of the Jose hand book that move.

Classic deflection by Pep really. His multi million pound squad have been pushed to the limits by a reserve team from the Championship, so rather than people talking about his team's failure over 20 minutes all the attention is on the bollocks about the ball. Straight out of the Jose hand book that move.

Totally agree Kenny.

I always understood that Guardiola spoke candidly about his side, but all I've heard of his comments so far is how he accused Wolves of packing their penalty area and stopping his side from playing, and the unsuitability of the ball.

Very disappointed with his attitude. He should be ashamed of himself if he's got nothing else more positive to say.

To be honest whenever an opposing manager says crap like that I love it. The bitterness of Bruce followed by the never ending tears of Neil and now the pantwetting of Pep it's marvellous.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

What did everyone make of Punjabi Wolves and their Dohl in the away end last night?

I enjoyed it, thought it added to the atmosphere. I was right up the back though, not sure how happy id have been if I was right next to it.
The Punjabi lads are brilliant. Had many a battle with most of there lads with my ECT sides.

To be honest whenever an opposing manager says crap like that I love it. The bitterness of Bruce followed by the never ending tears of Neil and now the pantwetting of Pep it's marvellous.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Agreed - if they had steamrollered us like they were expecting to then none of this would have been said

We didn't allow them to, so need to find another reason

I always understood that Guardiola spoke candidly about his side, but all I've heard of his comments so far is how he accused Wolves of packing their penalty area and stopping his side from playing, and the unsuitability of the ball.

Very disappointed with his attitude. He should be ashamed of himself if he's got nothing else more positive to say.

Likewise. I'm disappointed in Guardiola - I thought he was better than that, but obviously he isn't. Did anybody expect us to go there with our second team and play expansive, flowing football and fight fire with fire? If we'd given them the space to play, then they would have probably mullered us. It's the same when teams come to Molineux now and set up to frustrate us. That's their prerogative - we have to find a way of getting around it and making our class tell. Same with City last night, only they couldn't. So don't give us crap about "the wrong sort of ball" Pep!!

Last edited:
I suppose Nuno could have argued had we had another ball then Costa would have scored....

I hear complaints about the ball on park pitches, but never at the top level.

I suppose Nuno could have argued had we had another ball then Costa would have scored....

I hear complaints about the ball on park pitches, but never at the top level.
Nah....we use that type of ball every week in the Championship so we know how to use it. Poor Pep only had 2 days to train with it or some other bollocks like that

Pepe's "Harry Kane team" comment about Spurs started to show his lack of class. And the ball didn't stop other Premier teams from scoring...

Pepe's "Harry Kane team" comment about Spurs started to show his lack of class. And the ball didn't stop other Premier teams from scoring...

No doubt had Wolves opened up and been thrashed then he would be saying how brave we were. His comments were unworthy for a man in his position.

I was more annoyed by how he said we were 'so, so defensive'. I only got to watch from 50-55 minutes onwards but when we had the chance we geneuinwly tried to play our normal approach, but with a massively changed team to our usual league side. We were still trying to play out from the back despite almost giving the ball away several times! For a period in that second half we were the better side too!

I think it boils down to how much he disregards this competition, as it felt like he didn't know a great deal about us as a team when usually his planning for the opposition is meticulous. That and the nonsense with the ball just showed to me he sees the league cup as a nuisance.

He obviously cares a bit or he wouldn't have bothered bringing those subs on.

We were very defensive in the first 20 in particular but could not level that at us in the second half.

Plus, how about fucking deal with it.

I was more annoyed by how he said we were 'so, so defensive'.

From the quotes on that it came across as he thought before the game we are physical and very defensive.

Which basically means they did zero scouting on us and just presumed we would be the usual tiny team from the Football League.

From the quotes on that it came across as he thought before the game we are physical and very defensive.

Which basically means they did zero scouting on us and just presumed we would be the usual tiny team from the Football League.

I am surprised at his comments and I can't imagine for one minute that they didn't scout us. He might be pissed off but Pep is meticulous in his preparation.

He's probably just pissed off they didn't win and didn't have a clue why not.

I am surprised at his comments and I can't imagine for one minute that they didn't scout us. He might be pissed off but Pep is meticulous in his preparation.

He's probably just pissed off they didn't win and didn't have a clue why not.

I think he may have underestimated our second string. Hell, I did when I saw that team. There is no way on paper that team gives city that good a test

Perhaps there's some myth/curse to explain it?

:run:

I was more annoyed by how he said we were 'so, so defensive'. I only got to watch from 50-55 minutes onwards but when we had the chance we geneuinwly tried to play our normal approach, but with a massively changed team to our usual league side. We were still trying to play out from the back despite almost giving the ball away several times! For a period in that second half we were the better side too!

I think it boils down to how much he disregards this competition, as it felt like he didn't know a great deal about us as a team when usually his planning for the opposition is meticulous. That and the nonsense with the ball just showed to me he sees the league cup as a nuisance.

City could have lost the game make no mistake. Nuno got the tactics right. All that was missing was the finish. The best chances were ours. But cream rises to the top. You won't see 4 better penalties. Norris had not a prayer. Win win for me. Out with huge credit and we have laid down a huge marker.

Back