• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool vs Wolves Build-up Thread

We played okay, the ball didn't stick for us upfront and we've played much better but no disgrace to lose at Anfield. Had plenty of chances but it wasnt our day, summed up by conceding a goal that'd be chalked off next season.

Unlucky Wolves - thank you for a quite amazing season.

Really pleased City won the league, hope spurs win the champs league now!

Thought Coady was excellent today. Now roll on the transfer window and see who’s coming in!

What a season! The football, the Atmosphere home and away, the PR from the club, the programme art, the signings, the FA Cup run, finishing 7th, possible Europa league qualification, my bet of a top ten finish sailing in, Nunos press conferences.... It's all been perfect and beyond my wildest dreams.

Thank you Wolves for the greatest season of my life!

Thoroughly deserved something today.
Final ball was utterly shocking, get ya head up, pick a man out and we could have had 4 tap ins.

Good second half with wasted chances. Every LFC fan I've spoken too said we were hard done not getting a point

We're talking about being disappointed not getting something against the potential best team in Europe who just mullered Barcelona 4-0 less than a week ago. I'm not sure anything could sum up the progress of this last 2 years better, tbh.

We weren't at our best, but have seen again what we need to do if we want to challenge for the top.

Wasn't a bad performance, just not quite good enough on the day

Honestly i think the citeh equaliser at Brighton, took the sting out of Liverpool, and allowed us more into the game. We missed a few chances but what the hell, what a season!

Good performance overall, should have scored a couple oft those chances. Annoying about the second goal as we were the better side in the second-half but ultimately can't take away from what has been a brilliant season.

Unless Man Utd & Arsenal get their act together then they are vulnerable

If we can step things up a bit then the top 4 is 'possible'

"Wolves fans trying to rub it in now. Signing about Raheem Sterling being top of the league", personally i would be thinking of covering up my wolves shirt after that for the journey out of the ground
You're not wrong I was nearly attacked twice walking through the park, luckily I have two sticks which were going to bounce off one of there heads. Those cunts took defeat far too much. Luckily I can handle myself.

If Chelsea lose Hazard and their ban sticks they'll be vulnerable too.

We're honestly not that far off, in terms of quality. We just need consistency - which is arguably the hardest thing to achieve. Fingers crossed City do us a favour next week and we manage to have a good crack at Europe next season, as that will skyrocket the club's profile.

You're not wrong I was nearly attacked twice walking through the park, luckily I have two sticks which were going to bounce off one of there heads. Those cunts took defeat far too much. Luckily I can handle myself.

But Liverpool fans are salt of the earth, wonderful types, very sporting. You must be mistaken.

We were anything but crap today. As Jinky said, Raul looked knackered, but what a season. And assuming Man United are daft enough to stick with OGS they're very vulnerable. Good win for City and no way they'll ease off in the Cup Final

Unless Man Utd & Arsenal get their act together then they are vulnerable

If we can step things up a bit then the top 4 is 'possible'

With Kroenke in charge Arsenal are near the start of a period of decline IMO. I've heard Emery has 45m to spend this summer. Ouch.

Chelsea and Man U also looking dodgy.

On the other hand we can expect Everton, Leicester and West Ham to all be better next year.

LULZ
da7510fe06b1c97ca4b9189ca6775eb9.jpg

State of this tweet from John Aldridge what an absolute buffoon.2E4A8607-518E-4256-ABBD-115C0B875F96.jpg2E4A8607-518E-4256-ABBD-115C0B875F96.jpg

That prick was on the telly.

I thought we played pretty well today. Gave an excellent Liverpool side a proper game.

And we will be better next season too

I don't know what some people were watching but for large parts of that 2nd half it looked like we were the team trying to win the title. We played some good stuff, just didn't quite get the bounce of the ball along with some poor final balls. We could be a top 4 side with a few quality signings, and I'm not joking.

Back