• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool vs Wolves Build-up Thread

Only watched it on TV but for 35 mins we played our normal containment game and then had a couple of reasonable chances. Second half with better decision making and crossing we should have at least pegged them back, irrespective of the final score, we deserved to get something out of that game with more clinical finishing.

Other factors possibly played a part, city in front at Brighton and fatigue from the midweek win against Barca

Offside goal, absolutely which will be picked up next year with VAR, and no disgrace with that defeat, even when ref tackled Neves when just about to let one rip ��

Fantastic season and some astute signings in the close season and we must target at least retaining seventh place next campaign

Just love this team ������

I wouldn't go as far as top four, until i see who we sign, and as someone else said, Everton and Leicester at least, will be there or thereabouts, but with the right additions giving us a better bench a standard then we will certainly hold seventh and maybe rumble Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea.

I wouldn't go as far as top four, until i see who we sign, and as someone else said, Everton and Leicester at least, will be there or thereabouts, but with the right additions giving us a better bench a standard then we will certainly hold seventh and maybe rumble Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea.

There are a few teams who will trouble the top 6 (who have had it their own way for too long, barring Leicester gatecrashing it) - they need a bit of a shake up & we are one of those who can (if we get a incomings right)

There are a few teams who will trouble the top 6 (who have had it their own way for too long, barring Leicester gatecrashing it) - they need a bit of a shake up & we are one of those who can (if we get a incomings right)

agreed, for me it's all about who we sign and we have mostly got it spot on so far

No disgrace in defeat today. For once we didn't have our shooting boots on failing to convert any of the reasonable chances we created.

I completely agree it depends who we bring in. We have been outrageously fortunate with injuries and that has helped us with consistency. We do need greater depth and I hope that is addressed. I am not convinced we are ready to gatecrash the big six yet. It may happen. I am very content to have amassed 57 points and hope we build on it next year.

Top 4 seems a stretch. Both Everton and Leicester have finished strongly and will also be looking to improve. We have been very fortunate with injuries too.

Giddy about what happens now mind. Bring on next season.

No disgrace in defeat today. For once we didn't have our shooting boots on failing to convert any of the reasonable chances we created.

I completely agree it depends who we bring in. We have been outrageously fortunate with injuries and that has helped us with consistency. We do need greater depth and I hope that is addressed. I am not convinced we are ready to gatecrash the big six yet. It may happen. I am very content to have amassed 57 points and hope we build on it next year.

Outrageously fortunate is doing a real disservice to the methods of our coaching team and our fitness coaches.

There's a few teams on a real upward curve at the end of this season it seems; not just us, Leicester, Everton, Saints will be much better next year, WHU, Palace too. Next season will be a much greater challenge I'm sure especially if we are in Europe. Looks to me a tougher league for the newly promoted teams with Huddersfield and Cardiff going down. Brighton look spent, Bournemouth wobbly... and that's about it.

No chance of top 4 though, the consistency just hasn't been there.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

What a MASIVELY enjoyable season this was though. Chelsea at home a real turning point. Unforgettable

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

What a marvellous season! Absolutely delighted with our performance, way way better than my most daring dreams.

Guys, it was a genuine pleasure to follow this season with you.

Outrageously fortunate is doing a real disservice to the methods of our coaching team and our fitness coaches.

fitness coaches have done exceptionally well granted but none of our squad has suffered anything other than minor knocks and that is close to miraculous given the rigours of the modern game. You still need a fair bit of good fortune to keep so many so fit for so long.

What a marvellous season! Absolutely delighted with our performance, way way better than my most daring dreams.

Guys, it was a genuine pleasure to follow this season with you.

And you man! Hopefully see you at Benfica or Molineux next season!

And you man! Hopefully see you at Benfica or Molineux next season!

giphy.gif

Seems like some Liverpool fans on Twitter have decided they can’t take the angst out on city so they’ve targeted us.
See it more of compliment than insult that they’ve gone to so much effort to be so angry about us.

Seems like some Liverpool fans on Twitter have decided they can’t take the angst out on city so they’ve targeted us.
See it more of compliment than insult that they’ve gone to so much effort to be so angry about us.

The bloke who writes the Anfield wrap has made himself look a complete bellend since the end of the game. Bitter and classless prick.

I hope Spurs batter them and they win fuck all.

The bloke who writes the Anfield wrap has made himself look a complete bellend since the end of the game. Bitter and classless prick.

I hope Spurs batter them and they win fuck all.

Is it the same bloke who’s dig up the fact that Steve Morgan invites Betison to a match once? I’ve put a few points to him on Twitter surprisingly I’ve had no response. Basically he’s linked that incident to the entire Wolves fan base, which is just appalling low.

Back