• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

a fit Richards is better than Walker and Johnson put together and hopefully Roy Hodgson can see that too

Walker > Richards, in my opinion.

Still haven't forgiven Richards for being a fanny in the Olympics. Don't play if you don't want to, fatty.

Olympic football, Meh!
Walker was atrocious on Friday night. He had no control over the ball. Kept miss-kicking or just having an awful first touch

Walker - when on form - is just immense.

Richards pisses me off TBH. Though I prefer him to Johnson.

I didn't see the game on Friday, but if Walker was that bad, surely just an off day? Every other time I've seen him play I've been impressed. Definitely an improvement on Johnson.

Oh I'm not saying Johnson is anywhere near as good as Walker, I just feel (my own personal opinion) that, for now, Richards would be the better option

And to be fair, Walker's game isn't best suited to playing against a side who get a nose bleed if they leave their own penalty area.

It was horrible to watch.

I'd take Smalling over Richards when he's fit too. Maybe Jones as well.

And to be fair, Walker's game isn't best suited to playing against a side who get a nose bleed if they leave their own penalty area.

It was horrible to watch.

Very fair point! All the criticism aimed at England for not scoring 10 was ridiculous. Any team with 10 players behind the ball for 90 minutes is going to be mighty tough to break down no matter who they are

Seriously?

Jones is a piss poor right back. Richards was absolutely phenomenal for six months of last season/

Funny how they dropped him when it mattered if he was that good.

He got injured and didn't hit the heights of his prior form. If his performance against Sunderland is anything to go by, he's nearly back at his best. He's unplayable when fit and on form.

Roy is a naturally defensively minded manager, much like Capello and Mancini. Neither of those two trusted/trust him and so I don't think you'll see him getting much of a look-in.

I'm just glad that we have a couple of alternatives to Glen Johnson. The fact that he has been a regular for so long shows how lacking we are at right back. The only challengers he seems to have had are any CB who is slightly creative and therefore gets shoved at RB. I think the fact that Wes Brown was seen as an international RB says it all.

It's funny because I thought Richards was one of the best performing players in the league last season, and then he got wasn't in their team! You can tell there is something managers don't like about him, even though he seems to me as sure defensively as threatening he is attacking.

Back