• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207747/Twitter-abuse-Mark-Halsey-condemned-beneath-contempt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As ever, they show themselves to be contemptable.
Madness, given how hard people tried to calm stuff down prior to the game. How they have campaigned for justice & the truth, yet also wish people had died, or should get a further dose of the illness which threatened their lives, all because their team lost a game.

It is all very sad. The football world has got behind Liverpool FC in the last couple of weeks, yet some of their fans react to a defeat by hoping the referee dies of cancer. I sometimes really do wonder what has happened to our once great game.

I don't think a lot has changed Frank. Football (mirroring society) has had its unsavoury characters following it for the last 50 years.

Hooliganism from the mid 60's to the late 80's, racism from the mid 70's to early 90's, sick chants such as the ones that Spurs used to get sung at them about Auschwitz, Bradford about the ripper. In the last 25 years I've heard "town full of......" sang at Leicester and Bradford fans ay Molineux on numerous occasions.

All that has changed is that social media gives the idiotic minority a new wider reaching platform that extends beyond a comment to their mates.

I thought we had a specific Victim FC thread somewhere, but I can't find it (or my memory is fuzzy and it doesn't exist), but anyway: Victim Syndrome strikes again! (should've been the actual BBC headline)

Couple of great quotes in there. ""If it's not a penalty, don't give him one but if it's clear give it." ... Oh, right... that's how it works. OK, thanks Steven.

Yes they do. That's the point.

Well if you want to associate any club with a minority of idiots rather than the majority that's entirely up to you. The clubs do everything they can to disassociate themselves from the bad element and there is absolutely nothing they can do to stop this minority.

It is all very sad. The football world has got behind Liverpool FC in the last couple of weeks, yet some of their fans react to a defeat by hoping the referee dies of cancer. I sometimes really do wonder what has happened to our once great game.

The great game is still there and great clubs like Liverpool, Wolves etc etc are still there. Every so often you hear of a rogue doctor / nurse but we don't tarnish them all with the same brush so why do it with a football club.

liverlol.jpg

Seeing a few grainy videos from Elland Road last night where Everton fans were baton charged by the Police after singing 'Yorkshire Police, Murderers' & 'Justice For The 96'

Seeing a few grainy videos from Elland Road last night where Everton fans were baton charged by the Police after singing 'Yorkshire Police, Murderers' & 'Justice For The 96'

Very touchy Plebs who will never work the gate at Downing Street.

Brendan Rodgers - you're a fucking idiot. He's just come out in support of Suarez saying he's 'victimised' and gets unfair treatment. FFS - Suarez is a cheat and he dived yesterday. Saying otherwise makes you sound utterly stupid.

When Suarez is good - he's a brilliant footballer. But the fact he's an absolute prick just seems to massively outweigh that sadly - we get these incidents most weekends. He doesn't help himself.

It's quite impressive - Rodgers has gone to being well respected to a figure of fun in a few short weeks.

The Liverpool Documentary is superb viewing, in a this is painful show to watch but I have to

"ok" Brendan "ok" Rodgers "ok"

Victim FC fans on talkshit this morning couldn't stop going on about the Huth stamp. Even if that was naughty (considering the victim, I consider it medal-worthy personally), it doesn't excuse the Greg Luganis impression from the racist in the warrior kit.

I'm not going to defend Huth - that was nasty - but that's a different argument. Suarez has done this before, appears to love the controversy and never, ever, ever learns from his twattish behaviour. That's why 'everyone is against him', Brendan. Maybe if he stopped, people might give him the benefit of the doubt once in a while?

Last week, we saw the good side of him. Now normal service has resumed.

Brendan Brent is must watch TV. The likes of Gerrard and Carragher must just laugh at him with some of the stuff he comes out with.

Watched one episode. That was one too many.

Brendan's statement:

"As manager of this football club I find it incredible that in nearly all the coverage about Luis Suarez this weekend, very little focus has been placed on the fact that he was actually the victim of a stamping incident within the first five minutes of the game," said Rodgers.

"At this moment there seems to be one set of rules for Luis and another set for everyone else.

"Diving and simulation is obviously a wider issue in football and one that we all agree has to be eradicated from our game but there were other incidents this weekend that didn't seem to generate the same coverage.

"No one should be distracted by the real issue here, both at Anfield and at another game played on Sunday, when Luis and another player were hurt in off-the-ball incidents that went unpunished but were caught on TV cameras.

"I believe some people need to develop a sense of perspective and I also believe in this moment the vilification of Luis is both wrong and unfair.

"I will continue to protect the values, spirit and people of this great club and game while searching for a consistent level of results in order to make progress on the field."

Very disappointed in Rogers. If Ståle defended one of ours who did that, I'd lose a lot of respect for him. Warrants a club fine/ban even if no FA action, in my view. Will never happen, of course.

The best thing he could is just say nothing, and have a word with his player in private.

And the same should apply to Pulis for stirring it up in the first place. Apart from the talking to Suarez bit.

Yep, Pulis is no better, he's a hypocrite (look at his comments about Luiz's challenge last week and compare it with Ramsey/Shawcross, I didn't notice him calling out Etherington for diving against us last season for a free kick which led to a goal).

Back