• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

"6 years ago it was just a dream to #LFC fans to be playing Madrid, I've brought that dream to them"

More gold from Brentdan.

They beat Real five years ago.

"6 years ago it was just a dream to #LFC fans to be playing Madrid, I've brought that dream to them"

More gold from Brentdan.

They beat Real five years ago.

There's a thread on RAWK entitled "Is the importance of tactics overstated in the modern game?".

"Read a book about football and statistics once, and apparently 86% of the outcome of matches is just random. Only the last 14% are down to controllable factors."

Are you sure it was a book, are you sure it wasn't.......nothing ??

Apparently there was a stall behind the Kop yesterday where fans could swap shirts with Balotelli's name on them for one with Ian Rush's name on it.

They got a cheeky point against Hull yesterday but I wonder if Rodgers' position is under threat...surely after more than two years it's not time he needs?

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown · 19h 19 hours ago
(Liverpool 0 - 0 Hull) I honestly hope those cowardly shithouses (Hull) get relegated.

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown · 19h 19 hours ago
(Liverpool 0 - 0 Hull) I honestly hope those cowardly shithouses (Hull) get relegated.

How dare they have the audacity to leave Anfield with a point.....

They got a cheeky point against Hull yesterday but I wonder if Rodgers' position is under threat...surely after more than two years it's not time he needs?

I don't see what he'd be worried. They were one slip away from winning the league last year, and are still odds on for top four this year, despite the fact Sturridge has barely played and he's got loads of new defenders.

Balotelli was a fuck up - but I'm not convinced he was a Rodgers signing if I'm honest. He's the antithesis of the player that Rodgers typically works well with. He won't press, his movement isn't intelligent, and he's not tactically flexible.

Their failure to defend a 3-0 lead at Palace is more pertinent as they couldn't defend then and they can't defend now. You won't win titles conceding 50 goals a season and you'll struggle to make the top four if you're keeping 2 clean sheets in 19 games. I wouldn't back them to finish above Southampton right now.

He won't be in any danger this season though.

I don't see what he'd be worried. They were one slip away from winning the league last year, and are still odds on for top four this year, despite the fact Sturridge has barely played and he's got loads of new defenders.

Balotelli was a $#@! up - but I'm not convinced he was a Rodgers signing if I'm honest. He's the antithesis of the player that Rodgers typically works well with. He won't press, his movement isn't intelligent, and he's not tactically flexible.

He's not very good in the transfer in market,I really doubt he didn't want Balo.Might not have been his top 5 choice tho.

He is dreadful in the transfer market, Coutinho and Sturridge are the only two of his you could mark down as absolute successes, and even they have their flaws (inconsistency/injury proneness). Some real stinkers in there, Alberto and Aspas might have been ok at £2m each punts - they cost £17m between them FFS.

The way he plays offers no protection to the back four, then he insists on buying muck like Sakho and playing Glen Johnson and Jose Enrique who he inherited and should have ditched immediately. Lovren looked like one of the best defenders in Europe last season - shambles so far for Liverpool. Gerrard has never been able to play as a defensive midfielder, didn't he make no tackles and no interceptions vs West Ham? Henderson just runs about a lot. That is his shield for the defence.

He is dreadful in the transfer market, Coutinho and Sturridge are the only two of his you could mark down as absolute successes, and even they have their flaws (inconsistency/injury proneness). Some real stinkers in there, Alberto and Aspas might have been ok at £2m each punts - they cost £17m between them FFS.

The way he plays offers no protection to the back four, then he insists on buying muck like Sakho and playing Glen Johnson and Jose Enrique who he inherited and should have ditched immediately. Lovren looked like one of the best defenders in Europe last season - shambles so far for Liverpool. Gerrard has never been able to play as a defensive midfielder, didn't he make no tackles and no interceptions vs West Ham? Henderson just runs about a lot. That is his shield for the defence.

I couldn't say it better myself.

This made me larf...

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown 1m1 minute ago
For too long we've acted like bitches, as if we should be grateful just to rub soldiers with top 4 regulars...

A digest of reactions on RAWK to Sturridge's injury, to save you all from reading it.

What the fucking fuck

This is fucking comedy this. Surely even a Manc in their wildest dreams couldn't have seen us without our 2 best strikers when the season finished in May. Unbelievable

Shocking management from the club to rely on him. We are fucked

Our transfer strategy and approach is completely flawed and has been since day 1 under FSG

Mid November and Raheem Sterling's our top scorer on 3 goals. Fuck

Balotelli, Borini and Lambert combined Liverpool career appearances: 52
Balotelli, Borini and Lambert Liverpool combined career goals: 4

Lets be honest, Brendan's fault for buying Lambert as a back up. Yet another flop to contribute the square root of fuck all to our season

Absolute farce this and its only the club you can blame. You know he's injury prone, go and buy a striker that fits the style of play, rather than a wildcard in Balotelli. We finished 2nd in the fucking league last season and we're here in mid November pinning our hopes on our 2nd top scorer to come back from injury and 'save our season', it's embarrassing

Football can just FUCK OFF

There goes any hope of 4th. If we don't sign another striker in january its going to be along painful season. Even then there's no guarentee they will be good

It could be that bad that 4ths gone by January and they give no money and sack him in the summer

8 points in 8 without Sturridge, 3rd lowest amount of goals scored and goal difference. Unless there is a miraculous improvement in our play, we will head into Christmas near the relegation zone. And the decision makers at the club would have gotten everything they deserve, the incompetent, Inept fucking idiots

Everyone bar Brendan Rodgers that were involved in transfers last summer should be fired and banned from football for life. They have sunk this club and should be treated like the fucking inept, negligent, wasteful simpletons they are. Ban them from football for life before they go do damage to Other clubs. They are like the bankers who sunk the world financial system. Dereliction of duty, sack them all

I'll settle for not getting relegated now to be honest

Are they demanding the return of Benitez?

Thats always on the table.

If they called for Rafa to be sacked there would be a % that would want Rafa to replace him

I've discovered a new way of winding up a Liverpool fan. It has not failed yet - say that Danny Welbeck is better than Daniel Sturridge. I must have said this to 5 or 6 Liverpool fans and guaranteed they froth at the mouth and go ever so slightly insane very very quickly.

Disclaimer: I do NOT think Danny Welbeck is better than Daniel Sturridge. This is just an exercise in Scouse wummery which happens to be brilliant fun.

Back