• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

I don’t know how many times it needs saying but if you introduce a 15cm refs call line this all stops with regard to offsides. I thought Mane scored before the ref blew tbf. We are all losing interest in the game we love because some cunt wants to make a science out of it. VARological studies or similar shit.

That's a bloody good idea, Cyber - same as umpire's call in cricket.

The whistle definitely sounded once it hit the net.

I missed this game and haven't had time to see the play-back. However, I can say this; if the referee did blow his whistle, it would have been for what he considered a foul and the timing of the whistle is irrelevant. Referees do not blow the whistle for a goal but point to the centre-circle.

I missed this game and haven't had time to see the play-back. However, I can say this; if the referee did blow his whistle, it would have been for what he considered a foul and the timing of the whistle is irrelevant. Referees do not blow the whistle for a goal but point to the centre-circle.

Quite right but he didn't blow the whistle until the goal had been scored

To be fair Souness made a good argument, introducing 'you are onside as long as a any part of your body is onside' . the amount of advances over the years to promote attacking in the game. 3 points for a win, passing back to the keeper is all being eroded by trying to analyse millimetres.

waiting for the extended highlights, missed the game unfortunately. neto's disallowed goal seems rather unfair though.

didn't realize someone was keeping track of a "var table" :icon_lol:

690.jpg

So the way I read that, withour VAR, we would know be on 37 points after 20 games (3 each from City and Liverpool.)

Of course, it will even out over a season - not holding my breath.

The other issue is that it only deals with those decisions that were reviewed, how many more were just ignored?

I was a bit pissed off with Vinegre when he lashed the ball out after getting passed TTA. Raul was at the near post, he as to look up and pass it to him.On the play back Raul was not happy.

Well, no real match report, we did OK and deserved something. VAR controversy overshadowing a game again.

It's a shame a team as good as Liverpool only get to win the the title the season football died.

I was a bit pissed off with Vinegre when he lashed the ball out after getting passed TTA. Raul was at the near post, he as to look up and pass it to him.On the play back Raul was not happy.

That was a real shame that he didn’t at least go across goal with that effort. As he often does he improved as the game went on I felt. He does need more games

That was a real shame that he didn’t at least go across goal with that effort. As he often does he improved as the game went on I felt. He does need more games

I thought he had a good game otherwise. Our goal being disallowed was a kick in the teeth. I didn't see any Liverpool player appeal for offside either.

Apparently there was an incident between Johnny and one of the ball boys which is being investigated

Apparently there was an incident between Johnny and one of the ball boys which is being investigated

Presume that was towards the end of the 2nd half. Ball went out for a throw in and you could see something happening so guess a ball boy refused to give the ball up

Just got home and i'm absolutely gutted. I can take losing to a better team but this just isn't football. The offsides aren't accurate enough to judge it as they are and it's cost a perfectly good goal imo and as far as i was concerned Taylor definitely blew his whistle before the ball hit the net for the goal as i called that it wasn't a goal straight away. Anyway enough of fucking wank VAR.

Our team is class, we were superb today and when our players just get that bit more experience and become more clinical we are going to be an outstanding side. With players like Kilman, Vinagre, Neto, Jota, Neves, Jonny and Traore we are only going to get better as they do. Proud of the lads but wondering what direction football is going.

That's a bloody good idea, Cyber - same as umpire's call in cricket.

But there is no umpire's call to go back to: the officials allow the game to continue and then check the offside (or they're supposed to, anyway).

In any case you could still have arguments about whether the striker is in the "ref's call" zone or the "offside" zone.

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Also just walked in and echo slink above. Gutted. We go again on Wednesday.

Will also admit when i'm wrong and it does seem from watching it back on sky that the ref didn't blow until the ball hit the net but Van Dijk definitely handles it in the build up and i'm not having it's too far away as his ball puts lallana in behind. On to Watford and we'll let our football do the talking. Still fucking fuming though.

The stuff Taylor told Coady about being too far away was just him shutting down the chat. VAR just didn't look at the start of the move and then came out with the not clear enough to say hand ball or not to cover their behinds.

Back