• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

I'm not saying Nuno couldn't have productively been here longer or turned things round, but he also looked pretty shot at points, and all managers have a shelf life at a club, even him, we can't pretend otherwise

I'm not saying Nuno couldn't have productively been here longer or turned things round, but he also looked pretty shot at points, and all managers have a shelf life at a club, even him, we can't pretend otherwise
That's fair, but I think it was too soon, there were mitigating factors and its not like he fell of a cliff, we had one difficult season where we cruised to a comfortable mid table.
I'd have more understanding of it had there been a succession plan rather than stagger from one calamitous appointment to another. He should have had one more season or at least half a season to see if he could get his mojo back.

Without going over old ground as time goes on and more information comes out (Shi wanting to sack him after Espanyol for instance) I think he'd probably just had enough anyway. Anything that's gone to pot at Wolves leads back to Shi pretty quickly

Without going over old ground as time goes on and more information comes out (Shi wanting to sack him after Espanyol for instance) I think he'd probably just had enough anyway. Anything that's gone to pot at Wolves leads back to Shi pretty quickly
You could be right about him having had enough but again if he was struggling then better management from above could have helped him get through that, as you say it all comes back to Shi not being fit for purpose (and a bit of a twat)

Covid had clearly robbed him of a lot of his energy and even aura. Hence what we saw with Spurs too. He also fell out with his assistant Rui in his last season (who he is now reunited with) which I think had a big impact too.

Jeff couldn’t wait to sack him (wanted to after Sevilla, our fucking high point ffs). We get everything we deserve unfortunately. Still not over how quickly fans were to move on tbh either.

Speaking of Nuno during the Covid era and being apart from his loved ones, I think his wife was sat next to him in the box last night as he watched the game

Yep.

That Albion game seemed like a huge turning point, as mentioned yesterday VAR fucked us hard that day.

Apols as I guess I could look this up, but he wanted to sack him after Espanyol? One of the happiest memories of my 40 years following Wolves!

Back