• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Where has the Sevilla/Espanyol story come from as I don't think I've seen that before?

I was told that Shi couldn't stand the credit that Nuno got and that led to the downfall in their relationship.

That Sevilla game where we missed a penalty in the first minute, and they scored the winner in the very late minutes? That terrible game?

Until we ran out of gas we were equal with one of the great European competition teams of the last twenty years.

Absolutely fucking terrible. Shi is talking out of his arse.

That Sevilla game where we missed a penalty in the first minute, and they scored the winner in the very late minutes? That terrible game?

Until we ran out of gas we were equal with one of the great European competition teams of the last twenty years.

Absolutely fucking terrible. Shi is talking out of his arse.
He's such an epic cunt.

How could that have been the moment he felt he should sack him?

No wonder Nuno got a bad vibe.

Maybe that's how a lot of football executives talk/think behind closed doors, and Jeff just has loose lips?

But the casual desire to jettison the talent of that era (whether it's players or Nuno), like it grows on fucking trees, or that you could just replace it with newer and cheaper and expect the same results, is staggering! And so fucking blase and arrogant.

And look where we are

Nuno had run his course at Wolves and the last season in particular was some of the worst football I've ever watched. Reminiscent of the "Wolverhampton one-one draws" era under Hoddle. Slow, boring, low scoring, defensive, turgid shite. Not only was it dreadful to sit through as a Wolves fan but other fans were openly mocking how boring we were and were praying for us to go down so they didn't have to suffer it too.

But....... That doesn't mean he wasn't a brilliant manager and gave the best football I've ever seen at Wolves before that though, with the best players to ever grace the Molineux turf. And he rightfully goes down as one of the best and most successful managers the club has ever had. Plus he was a great bloke and a real gent it seems. Covid definitely affected him badly and the restrictions it had on him seeing his family. He just seemed to retreat into himself during that time.

But his time was definitely up at that point in that last season. That said I'd have no problem with him coming back here and managing Wolves again. Doubt that would happen under Shi though given what's been posted above.

He's such an epic cunt.

How could that have been the moment he felt he should sack him?

No wonder Nuno got a bad vibe.
Purely because he didn't want to pay him more and thought the grass was greener on the other side with a more attacking manager.

It's the arrogant fault that has caused Shi's tenure to be managed with such deficiency and short sightedness.

Back