• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Nuno had run his course at Wolves and the last season in particular was some of the worst football I've ever watched. Reminiscent of the "Wolverhampton one-one draws" era under Hoddle. Slow, boring, low scoring, defensive, turgid shite. Not only was it dreadful to sit through as a Wolves fan but other fans were openly mocking how boring we were and were praying for us to go down so they didn't have to suffer it too.

But....... That doesn't mean he wasn't a brilliant manager and gave the best football I've ever seen at Wolves before that though, with the best players to ever grace the Molineux turf. And he rightfully goes down as one of the best and most successful managers the club has ever had. Plus he was a great bloke and a real gent it seems. Covid definitely affected him badly and the restrictions it had on him seeing his family. He just seemed to retreat into himself during that time.

But his time was definitely up at that point in that last season. That said I'd have no problem with him coming back here and managing Wolves again. Doubt that would happen under Shi though given what's been posted above.
Absolute nonsense, one tricky season after 3 brilliant ones, calling for him to go after that is entitled in the extreme, as I said earlier he should have been given at least half a season to see what he'd got. Shi was and is the problem.

It's all about the money, there was plenty after 3 seasons in the Premier league and with the kudos Nuno had gained, we could and should have given him a pay rise.
And what did that cunt Shi do with the money . . . spend it on a kid who wasn't fit for purpose.

Reading these last few pages has made my blood boil with rage at Shi - I detested him before . . . not sure what the right adjective is now.

Regarding 2020/21 don't forget we lost Raul who who was the one player we couldn't afford to lose, especially with Jota gone. Also Raul's injury deeply impacted Nuno.

Yeah on nights, meant Sevilla and as YW says it came from the JP book. Apart from my Catalan/Andalusia faux pas the rest holds.

Back