• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
League cup is just a domestic ego gain for the big 6 to pick up. Just the way it is our existence is just to exist in the PL for as long as possible and great memories have gone from winning stuff to finishing 7th and annoying the super 6.

Not originally. The League Cup was introduced in the 1960–61 season specifically as a mid-week floodlit tournament to replace the Southern Professional Floodlit Cup. The final wasn't played at Wembley until 1968.

It was conceived to attempt to bring in additional revenue due to dwindling attendances in the regular season and the lure of midweek floodlit matches being popukarised by European competitions.
"Floodlight Cup" is a bangin' title at least.

I've always been fond of it, probably because it's our last proper trophy.
Yeah I know its generally one of the big boys that wins it along with the FA Cup and league but for me it's another competition for us to be involved in. It's also a chance for fringe/young players to get competitive minutes.

Its unbelievable that in these days of billionaire owned clubs that a team from the top of the premier league could win the Carabao cup...unreal.
And with kids!!!

Despite the winner being scored by a 32 year old 75million pound player.

Won the champions league in that period

I've always been fond of it, probably because it's our last proper trophy.
Yeah I know its generally one of the big boys that wins it along with the FA Cup and league but for me it's another competition for us to be involved in. It's also a chance for fringe/young players to get competitive minutes.
Agreed. Lesser mortals used to win it back in the day. We actually won it twice before Liverpool first got their hands on it.

Coventry doing a very professional job on Maidstone, early goal so often a killer in these types of games.

Brentford look so poor. How did we lose to these

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back