• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one time I thought they'd get half the points back but the more you read the report, you can see the dishonesty and the Premier League trying to dress it up in nice words. They are guilty, admitted it and should be punished accordingly. 10 pts is the right penalty if only to discourage others in the future. I don't see any reason to give them any points back whatsoever. When they go down, I'll miss the 6 pts a season though.

That’s what should happen but absolutely doesn’t help the case when you’ve got the likes of Henry Winter demanding that it’s unfair and unjust

That’s what should happen but absolutely doesn’t help the case when you’ve got the likes of Henry Winter demanding that it’s unfair and unjust
Fortunately, he is nothing more than an annoying fly in the room.

Of course, but I'd be really surprised if their 10 point deduction wasn't upheld.
I know an Everton fan and he is positive their lawyer reckons it'll be completely wiped off from the appeal.

I'm sceptical.

You just need to ask people who are asking for the points to be put back what should the punishment be?
Fines? Kind of defeats the object plus you can just budget it in.
Transfer embargoes? So basically pack your squad with talent and deal with one or two windows of no business.
Basically makes a mockery of the whole things and tells us and the rest, “you know all those sacrifices you made, you need not bothered”

I know an Everton fan and he is positive their lawyer reckons it'll be completely wiped off from the appeal.

I'm sceptical.
If you read Grand Old Team, then the vast majority think that. I have some good friends who are Evertonians and they remain skeptical that they will get any points back. They are also shitting themselves over the 777 situation and what happens if they take over, or, more importantly, if they don't. Basically, they are screwed every which way but loose.

You just need to ask people who are asking for the points to be put back what should the punishment be?
Fines? Kind of defeats the object plus you can just budget it in.
Transfer embargoes? So basically pack your squad with talent and deal with one or two windows of no business.
Basically makes a mockery of the whole things and tells us and the rest, “you know all those sacrifices you made, you need not bothered”
Most of them think that a transfer embargo is the right way forward. A few think a fine... however, what is the point of a fine if you don't have the money to pay it or, in the case of Man City, if you can?

Crazy goalkeeping from Dubravka gives Forest the equaliser against Newcastle.

Dan Burn running in treacle then Dubravka just allows an empty goal to shoot at

Crazy goalkeeping from Dubravka gives Forest the equaliser against Newcastle.
CBs parting like the Red Sea didn't help him there. Piss poor goal to concede all around.

So MGW gets away without seeing red. An obvious second yellow with two mins of normal time to go and he gets away with it with weak refereeing. Any other time dragging an opponent down as he is on the break is a yellow. Not this time for the mouthy twat.

So MGW gets away without seeing red. An obvious second yellow with two mins of normal time to go and he gets away with it with weak refereeing. Any other time dragging an opponent down as he is on the break is a yellow. Not this time for the mouthy twat.

Been an absolute knobhead all second half, I don't know why he thinks this attitude helps him.

Bizarre penalty shootout in AFCON. The run ups were just telegraphing where they were going to put it and the keepers kept diving the other way. SA keeper gets a couple right in the end. The Mbemba penalty where he could have won it.l, I have no idea what he was thinking

West Ham putting a Bruno Lage esque performance here

What is this cobblers with fans going home early? Stay to the end, support your team and show the kind of bloody minded resilience I presume you want from your side. Failing anything else, lose with dignity and a bit of respect, it’s part of the game and life. You never know, you might even appreciate some quality sport from the opposition. I completely fckin hate it.

What is this cobblers with fans going home early? Stay to the end, support your team and show the kind of bloody minded resilience I presume you want from your side. Failing anything else, lose with dignity and a bit of respect, it’s part of the game and life. You never know, you might even appreciate some quality sport from the opposition. I completely fckin hate it.
leaving at half time is excessive, but leaving 20 minutes early when 0-4 down fair enough you’ve payed your money so it’s your choice.
You can argue what’s worse staying and giving the side pelters or a the silent protest of just leaving. Sometimes it’s a very hard watch when your side is getting battered to fully appreciate the quality of the opposition.

The two weirdos in front of me always leave early. Left after Sarabia scored vs Spurs. Explain that one.

Earliest I’ve left is 20 minutes to go in 2003/4 when we were 0-4 down to Villa. Wasn’t a case of us being outdone by a wonderful side it was due to us being beyond dreadful.

Guy who sat by me in the NBU used to leave early every game. Left when Leicester made it 3-3 so missed Jotas winner. Unlucky 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back