• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal had just the 16 efforts on goal in the first half 7 on target.
West had 1 and off target

Not sure about anyone else I sometimes get really bad headaches after games very occasionally they set in midway through the second half. Happened when we beat a Everton 2-1 couple of seasons ago had to leave on 70 minutes.

The West Ham fans leaving are probably heading home to watch their true love, Man United, later on. Price you pay for doubling your traditional gate in a soulless stadium.

What is this cobblers with fans going home early?
They do it also when they’re winning. We left after Bowen scored their third in December and they were streaming out then. Stratford station was still packed.

Arsenal are really something else to watch when they're in the mood.

By all accounts the London stadium is one of the worst grounds to get away from by public transport

That is so easy, pathetic from West Ham. Not even trying to challenge them

Good finish but no pressure at all.

Ah the epitome of football fan culture in one shot there, as Rice is subbed, one West Ham fan clapping him, the one behind giving him the wanker hand gesture. :ROFLMAO:

By all accounts the London stadium is one of the worst grounds to get away from by public transport
No different to any other London ground. You’re not going to jump on the first available tube when leaving at full time. You can always have a wander round the shopping centre to let the crowds die down.

No different to any other London ground. You’re not going to jump on the first available tube when leaving at full time. You can always have a wander round the shopping centre to let the crowds die down.

Great if you’ve got that much time on your hands

The booing of Rice, the same as our idiots do with Jota bothers me more than the walking out early
I agree that’s worse. Ultimately though there are plenty of things about football fan culture I’d be swimming against the tide with, stuff that means I’d have been happier in the 1950s perhaps, but then much that’s improved and much I love too.

Watching this and just thinking that Man Utd could have done the same to us in that first half.

Boy am I tired of the whole "I'm not celebrating against my old club" thing.

Fine for someone like Rice who spent 10+ years there including Academy football.

Not if you were on loan somewhere for 8 games a few years ago.

Fine for someone like Rice who spent 10+ years there including Academy football.

Not if you were on loan somewhere for 8 games a few years ago.
Irrational on my part but if that club means that much that you won't celebrate, don't leave.

Appreciate that isn't really how it works in soccer so c'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back