• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

City have got to win, surely?

I think they will, different team with Fernandinho and David Silva, both of whom missed most of the bad run.

I hope so, just for the actual title race.

You could argue City shouldn't be spending that much and yet still be so reliant on a pair of blokes who are both 33.

Really hoping for a decent game.

I'm also really fucking bored of Tyler's "and it's liiiiiiive" bullshit. Great commentator, probably my favourite, so I wish he'd knock that shit on the head. It's Tyldesley-esque.

And don't even get me started on fucking "champions vs challengers".

When Sky try and hype "big" games it just sounds crass.

I think Liverpool could nick this on the break, not convinced by Stones and Kompany at cb or Danilo and Laporte as full backs

Pep's biggest mistake this season has been dicking around at centre half for no reason. Just stick with Stones and Laporte unless it's a genuine dead rubber CL game or you have to make a change. They looked immense. Constantly swapping around at the back never works.

Could see Kompany getting sent off tonight, reckless lunge for a yellow card

Trying to compare the way Liverpool and City are attacking when the opponent is in shape, and then compare it to how we set up, but it’s difficult on TV. Biggest difference for Liverpool is that the front 3 play very narrow and allow the full backs to apply genuine width on their own. If we effectively call Henderson the third CB the other two CM run past the ball and open spaces, whereas we pretty much always have 5 men behind the ball.

City are more similar to us with Sterling and Sane playing a lot wider but they still have the full backs getting a head of the ball and also the two midfielders getting involved too.

Now I know we don’t have the quality these have but this is them being more pragmatic than usual given the opposition. We possibly need to get more involved in attacking situations if we are actually going to cause teams a problem at home.

Absolutely brilliant goal from Aguero, he’s been excellent so far.

I bloody love Aguero. Hell of a finish.

Now I know we don’t have the quality these have but this is them being more pragmatic than usual given the opposition. We possibly need to get more involved in attacking situations if we are actually going to cause teams a problem at home.

It's a case of us getting better players (eventually), isn't it.

I mean look at last night's team from that point of view and you've got:

Doherty: Amazing improvement but ultimately he didn't look good enough in L1, and most of us would have given him away not long ago
Bennett: Freebie from Norwich, spent a while not getting a kick behind Danny Batth, everyone knows we tried to replace him this summer
Jonny: RB on the wrong side, and arguably not really a wingback
Saiss: Couldn't get a game ahead of George Saville and Dave Edwards two years ago

We're a good team, those players have done quite well for us, but they are not the full package.

Plus our keeper kicks like a girl.

Dear Sky,

Please find the fucker whistling near one of your mics and FUCKING KILL HIM.

Ta

Dear Sky,

Please find the fucker whistling near one of your mics and FUCKING KILL HIM.

Ta

Pleased it's not just me who wants the whistler to die.

They can mute the 'Sky TV are fucking shit' chants quickly enough, can't they?

Pleased it's not just me who wants the whistler to die.

They can mute the 'Sky TV are fucking shit' chants quickly enough, can't they?

They can even play crowd noise during a minutes silence but a whistling gimp is good to go

Not loads of chances but this is a cracking game. Nice equaliser but questionable defending

Back