• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

Watching Everton v Leicester - two teams in our mini league of 7th-13th - and what is surprising is how often each team loses the ball. It's really scrappy stuff.

Against the top 5/6, if you lose the ball anywhere on the pitch you take the risk that you'll concede. It's scary how quickly the top 5/6 can break when they get a turnover.

Against Everton in our first game, their speed of pass-and-move was frightening and I still think we were fortunate to come away with a draw as they looked a level above what our players were used to. Fast forward less than five months and we are more than capable at this level. There's nothing on show in today's game to suggest we don't deserve to be above them in the league.

I appreciate that there is an element of getting carried away here; if a neutral had watched our game against Fulham they'd have said we were bang average. But it's just great to see how well we've adapted to this league so quickly.

Watching Everton v Leicester - two teams in our mini league of 7th-13th - and what is surprising is how often each team loses the ball. It's really scrappy stuff.

Against the top 5/6, if you lose the ball anywhere on the pitch you take the risk that you'll concede. It's scary how quickly the top 5/6 can break when they get a turnover.

Against Everton in our first game, their speed of pass-and-move was frightening and I still think we were fortunate to come away with a draw as they looked a level above what our players were used to. Fast forward less than five months and we are more than capable at this level. There's nothing on show in today's game to suggest we don't deserve to be above them in the league.

I appreciate that there is an element of getting carried away here; if a neutral had watched our game against Fulham they'd have said we were bang average. But it's just great to see how well we've adapted to this league so quickly.

I think a lot has to do with the fact it's a 12:30 kick off on new years day

Tammy Abraham scores again, I think that's 15 goals in 21 games

Wouldn't surprise me if Rowett gets bulleted, having a pop at the fans then losing the next home game against a mid table team doesn't normally end well. 8 points off the play offs

Have you seen the defending for the second Brizzle goal?
It's fucking hilarious stuff.

Putting our performance against Spurs into perspective this. Also wondering how we struggled so much against this shitty Cardiff team.

Also kind of annoying the way the commentators aren’t acknowledging Wolves doing anything well to beat Spurs just saying they fell apart.

Putting our performance against Spurs into perspective this. Also wondering how we struggled so much against this shitty Cardiff team.

Because we played in a way that we have never done before or since. No idea why.

If we'd just played our game then we'd have won (in fact we still shouldn't have lost, we had more than enough chances to get a point)

Because we played in a way that we have never done before or since. No idea why.

If we'd just played our game then we'd have won (in fact we still shouldn't have lost, we had more than enough chances to get a point)

It was made worse by Raul being unable to control a ball in that game. Every ball into him and it bounced off him, which gave zero chance for the naff tactics to work. (since that game i don't think he given the ball away once in similar positions)

I just can't help supporting Spurs today....

Nothing worse than playing a team that have something to prove :nod:

Cardiff was an aberration from us & a game that Nuno got wrong.

Shows that we were doing fine against Spurs even before the wheels fell off their performance in the last 20 mins - still in the game at only 1 - 0 down & restricting their chances close in

They didn't even have a shot in the second half.

I need one of Burnley or Fulham to come semi-good at some point, Cardiff staying up will be a disgrace, they are shit.

Laporte at left back. Seems quite pragmatic from Pep. Klopp going with 3 deeper midfielders too. It’s not going to be another 0-0 is it?

City have got to win, surely?

I think they will, different team with Fernandinho and David Silva, both of whom missed most of the bad run.

Those two forward lines are simply majestic.

At the Etihad I think City are marginal favourites, but I wouldn't be surprised by a draw.

Back