• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

So - unless Bournemouth score six unanswered at Old Trafford, we are going into the New Year in a potential Europa League spot.

Fucking hell.

This has been an unbelievable 12 months - I have seen some good times in my younger days, but probably not a year quite like this

So - unless Bournemouth score six unanswered at Old Trafford, we are going into the New Year in a potential Europa League spot.

Fucking hell.

So best result a 1-0 for Bournemouth so we stay 7 but man u only stay 3 points away from us?

/Sarcasm :)

Hojbjerg obviously wanted a little break after a strenuous Christmas period. Bizarrely applauded off by the saint's fans too.

So best result a 1-0 for Bournemouth so we stay 7 but man u only stay 3 points away from us?

/Sarcasm :)

No a draw - giving MU 1 extra point won't hurt enormously & I want to keep Bournemouth as far below us as possible as I am surrounded by their fans (some of whom are seriously deluded)

I don't know if OGS is making a difference or is it just average opposition who united would have beaten under Mourinho anyway?

It is an easier run of fixtures. But the players are a disgrace in suddenly picking up tools again.

As the issue happened to Mourinho, I will happily laugh my tits off though.

Im not sure they would have beaten these teams under Mourinho

Bailly is always a liability because of his tackling

It's just a team built to attack having the handbrake taken off and their best player trying.

I know there's doubt over OGS coaching/management skills but it just shows what is possible if you have a squad of decent players, played in their best positions and a little bit of positive outlook.....Premiership management....piece of piss

Two filthy goals at the death of the first half

Pogba looked to have a swing at a Bournemouth player on the way to his second

It's just what happened to Spurs under Sherwood, they'll blow away bottom half sides purely through the difference between the quality of their respective players when given freedom but as soon as they play another top side they'll get battered.

It's just what happened to Spurs under Sherwood, they'll blow away bottom half sides purely through the difference between the quality of their respective players when given freedom but as soon as they play another top side they'll get battered.

Yeah, I think this is right. Their next challenging game is spuds on 13 jan

I dont think its as easy as that, the whole club seems to have come alive again, I think they will build on this and fight for a top four position..we will see who are correct though

Everybody in man u is running twice as much than under Mou giving eachother so many options and causing problems for the defending team

I know OGS was shocking at Cardiff but it's fair to say that he wasn't the only thing going horribly wrong with the club at the time.

The opposition United have beaten under him aren't great but I don't think you can downplay the fact that they look magnitudes better now.

Mourinho restricted United and in turn that fucked off the players, negative tactics and no enthusiasm lead to some terrible performances. All Solksjaer has done so far is give them freedom, they're happy now and so they're showing enthusiasm to go and do their thing, when they come up against less talented squads that will generally be enough to see them home. I don't see that being anywhere near enough against City or Liverpool where they haven't got a big excess of talent over their opponent, hell I think they'd really struggle against Chelsea or Arsenal who look a lot more settled tactically. Even today against Bournemouth they were exposed at times, they were somewhat fortunate to only concede the once, a tactically disciplined side won't be so susceptible to Pogba's happy go lucky approach and they'll certainly find ways to punish it going the other way.

Back