• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

Leicester's number 28 is active...
deee416c14b35c862fc75b3d5b3cddbd.jpg

Newport winning against Leicester. Martin Keown doing my nut by ending virtually every sentence with either "wasn't it? Or isn't he?"

Must admit thought this would be dull, regulation win for Leicester but I'm enjoying it, Newport giving it a real go against a decent team, Matt is a real handful

Leicester only have themselves to blame so far, been really wasteful with the opportunities they've had and look very half arsed defensively. Look to have more than enough to turn it around if they can get their act together.

Enjoyed that game - though WTF Albrighton thought he was doing is beyond me.

Just let the ball go past & give the problem to the rest of your defence - really don't stick your arm out there

The officials need to sort out use of VAR. Proper use of it there, linesman puts up flag, ref let's play go on and penalty is given. Last night, flag went up and play stopped even though Jota had broken away

I thought that was a pretty good use of it tbh

My only question would be the linesman putting his flag up too early - aren't they meant to leave it if they are unsure? And then they can come back to it

It was a good use, but the playback and checking of the offside is just very amateurish. If rugby can do it so much better, why can't football?

Yeah that is true plus the angle they use seems odd too

The amount of people that still don't know the double jeopardy rule is slightly disturbing though.

Wasn't a sending off in the old rules anyway, ball was going away from goal and could have gone out

Oh I get that, just so many people in the pub screaming that if it was a pen, it should be a red. Not even possible unless he had punched him in the face or something...

I think it's only a red if the offending player makes no attempt to play the ball. Which, it didn't really look like the keeper did

It was a good use, but the playback and checking of the offside is just very amateurish. If rugby can do it so much better, why can't football?

They leave morons in charge of it (refs) instead of letting professionals (analysts/ technicians) use it.

It isn't hard to put an offside line on a pitch no matter what the angle as there is software available that does just that.

Hmm. Looks off to me, at least his head is.
97f5c89147aa84e8e5aba33c709b732e.jpg

Does it go on where the furthest forward part of the body is then?

Should it not be the feet? That's how they determine whether a player is in the box for a penalty.

Does it go on where the furthest forward part of the body is then?

Should it not be the feet? That's how they determine whether a player is in the box for a penalty.
It's the furtherest part of his body that he can legitimately score a goal with IE not arm or hand

This is what I mean by professionals. The rules need to be tightened up as they are in American football. For instance if we have VAR in use then we can determine when a ball is played and we need to decide as such. Is it when the ball leaves the passers body part completely? And the same goes for the player offside. Are they offside by any body part or only playable body parts (i.e. no hands/ arms).

The technology is there as they already use it for breaking the plane and making a catch in Am. football so no reason we can't use it for football with VAR. We should also use the same question as rugby and Am. football. Is there enough evidence to overturn the call? Without that question it's all a guess and opinion.

Back