• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

Cardiff look awful. Still can't believe we lost to them and Huddersfield who look equally shit. Let's not bag a hatrick with Fulham eh?

We have struggled a bit against sides that are going to defend with 10 (though Cardiff didn't really - we just tried to match them which wasn't that sensible)

Wouldn't think that Fulham will take that route - Ranieri has only been there for a short time & would not have expected him to sort out their defence that quickly. They are at home so don't expect that they will go overly defensive.

It looks like they went to 3 at the back today and had another centre half playing centre mid.

Great effect for man u when they are allowed to run forward and play football..nice to see the happy players again full of attacking play..

It seems like people online are getting ahead of themselves with the Man U result, they should keep in mind that they were playing perhaps the worst footballing side in the league. They looked a bit better as the main source of disharmony in the squad is gone but other than giving a bit more freedom to the full-backs and not using Fellaini as a false nine there was nothing different about the tactics. David Moyes won his first game 4-1.

I imagine it'll play out like it did for Spurs when they appointed Sherwood.

He'll take the shackles off so when they're playing against bottom half sides the comparative quality of their squad will win out more often than not, as we saw today, but against the top sides they'll probably still find themselves woefully short as they lack both the widespread quality and coherent plan to make the most of what they have.

Horrific by Elmohamady! Superb match though.

Really enjoyed that - though I notice Sky muted the Leeds fans as much as they could

Everton leading, every single result has gone against us this weekend

Listen to the gaffer, the league table means nowt at the moment. Those places will swap around loads for a while as it's so tight. Of course every time we go 7th, people think we're going to make Europe...

If we go 6th the Champs League race IS ON. 13th and we are down. Every week this season is basically a replay of the final Nations league game for England

Listen to the gaffer, the league table means nowt at the moment. Those places will swap around loads for a while as it's so tight. Of course every time we go 7th, people think we're going to make Europe...

Absolutely, beginning of the season I was hopeful of 8th-12th, still the same now, wouldn't surprise me to finish 7th, wouldn't be disappointed with 14th
doesn't really matter this season, we aren't going to trouble the top 6, aren't going to flirt with relegation, progression is the name of the game this season

This season was always going to be a consolidation year - somewhere between 9th & 13th is where we will end up & that's fine

Build on the platform we now have for next year - expectations will start ramping up then

I think we will finish between 7th and 10th. The middle of the table is very very tight.

Everton are getting an absolute slapping here. Spurs are superb.

Mayhap we dodged a bullet with Yerry Mina if he can't get into this Everton side? Zouma and Keane don't exactly scream solidity...

Back