• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

That one's dead easy. If you don't finish in the top two of your CL group then you're out, see you next year if you qualify.

There's no need to drop those teams in at all, thin the competition out and get rid of the extra EL knockout round. It shouldn't be seen as a grind, it should be seen as a massive trophy*. It's a long way off for us but Christ, I'd love to be involved in the Europa League. You have to find a way of getting teams engaged, I can accept a group stage so that you promote inclusion but you don't need an extra step after that. And rewarding failure is just a load of shit, really. You had an aim, finish 2nd or better, you don't do that then tough.

*Before any pedants pipe up, I am aware that the physical Europa League trophy is literally​ fucking huge.

I think that qualifying for CL in the Europa is a step in the right direction. Teams do take it more seriously in the knockout stages. Groups not so much.

I personally would have 32 teams in both. Top 2 in CL qualify as is it now, 3rd are out of Europe and in Europa have only the top side qualify. Straight into last 8. Should make teams take group stages more seriously

Isn't it the case that teams in other countries have always taken it seriously and it's only the English that have treated it as an inconvenience?

Sheffield Utd Vs bristol city

I guess we want a draw but it doesn't really matter!

I would imagine that neither team wants a draw as they try to hang onto the coat tails of Wolves and Cardiff City.

Two very decent teams. Under normal circumstances they might be vying for the title, but y'know.

I hope Sheff Utd win as Bristol City fans are pricks.

Having affiliation with the Rovers fraternity I totally agree as well. City are a bunch of arseholes.

OTIB is a window into their soul and it is easily one of the worst forums I've ever read. And I've read RAWK and Molineux Way.

Utd keeper going long more often than not - mainly due to the defensive three being 10yrds too far forward, so gives him little other option

Stearman looking to swap shirts a bit early. He was fortunate the referee did not see that.

Three times the woodwork has come to the rescue of Bristol City. Somehow they are just about hanging on.

Bristol City playing like they did against us at 2-2 somehow they’re still level after Sheff Utd hit the woodwork 3 times.

Back