• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

They weren't very good last season. Al-Habsi won them a lot of points on his own last season, and he's fucked off. When Al-Habsi did have an off day they got hammered.

Plus thhey bought Bod and Dangerous off of us for actual money. Who is their scout and how does he still have a job (if he does)?

He got them 3rd last season though?

This season they are awful. I look at their team and it's terrible. I have no idea how good Beerens and Van den Berg are, but the rest us distinctly average or worse.

He got them 3rd last season though?

This season they are awful. I look at their team and it's terrible. I have no idea how good Beerens and Van den Berg are, but the rest us distinctly average or worse.

I know, but they massively over-performed last season. Like a complete anomaly. Clearly Stam was doing something right but they should never have finished that high in the league, as weird as it sounds.

Van den Berg is one of the worst players in the league, seriously. Such a poor footballer.

I know people scoff at xG and the like but I remember seeing something that said that realistically Reading should have been 20th or thereabouts on that measure.

Yeah Reading were a complete outlier last year, scored a very high percentage of their chances and allowed a lot of chances against them with a very low percentage being converted.

Reading and Huddersfield both were huge statistical anomalies last year. Reading then went on to lose a few of their better players and didn't replace them properly. Stam won't last the year.

2016-17-ch-ad.png

2016-17-ch-att.png

2016-17-ch-def.png

2016-17-ch-eg.png

Ipswich Town already in front against Sunderland. I know Sunderland have had their problems, but I never expected them to be in the bottom three.

Their squad looked horrendous for this level before Pickford and Defoe left in the summer. They were never going to be troubling the top of the table.

Don't think they will drop though, think they will scrape survival based purely on how poor other sides are. If I was backing now 3 sides to go it would be Bolton, Burton and Birmingham

Blues won't go down if they make a half sensible appointment like Carsley. Some of the business they did in the Summer like Jota, Roberts, Vassell and Stockdale will prove to be decent and Adams has been out all season. I can see Sunderland going though, as we know well once you get that negative momentum it's difficult to halt it. They'll end up sacking Grayson in October, but I'm not sure they'll end up getting much better.

Neymar is an absolute weapon. Can't stand the bloke.

What a move to win that is from Chelsea. Magic.

Shocking miss from Calvert-Lewin.

They looked alright for most of the game but the subs just flooded the team with number 10s and they ended up looking a mess.

Milan thrown away a 2 goal lead in the dying stages too.

And then score in the 94th.

Got to be a first this week, six German teams, six defeats in Europe.

Fonte also looks awful and Bidwell really should have scored for QPR. Not great quality but decent game to watch.

Blues won't go down if they make a half sensible appointment like Carsley. Some of the business they did in the Summer like Jota, Roberts, Vassell and Stockdale will prove to be decent and Adams has been out all season. I can see Sunderland going though, as we know well once you get that negative momentum it's difficult to halt it. They'll end up sacking Grayson in October, but I'm not sure they'll end up getting much better.

Sunderland spent the last few years buying dross, it's been coming. Defoe aside they haven't bought anyone good (except maybe januzaj)

Back