• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

That sort of logic means we’d have been better off with Sol Bamba than Willy Boly.

Personally, they are two different leagues for a reason. Our organisation and strength at the back , like Cardiff has been key to us accumulating points. We have played some nice stuff in games too but in games like Ipswich we have taken the points without turning on any style. Those games are the ones we used to get nought from before this year.

In the premier league we still need tpo be solid and organised but we will need extra quality to make us competitive. It sounds harsh but none of Bennett , Doherty and Douglas convince me that they could defend well enough for a regular premier league place. Likewise Afobe and Bonatini dont convince me they would score enough. For next year the following could well be regular starters Ruddy, Boly , Coady, Neves, Saiss , Costa, Cav, Jota. Everywhere else I would strengthen. You could also argue for upgrades on Ruddy and Coady but I feel they have done enough to deserve their chance.

In the PL though players like Manga, Bamba and Bennett get shown up regardless how organised the unit is.

Not always.

Simpson - Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Won the league for Leicester. Simpson and Morgan aren't title winning material really. And Fuchs can barely get in the team this season.

Not always.

Simpson - Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Won the league for Leicester. Simpson and Morgan aren't title winning material really. And Fuchs can barely get in the team this season.

They had Kante Playing the role of 12 men and keeper had worldy season. Same as Hart for blues.

No, you'd reckon he's a decent one. Which, this season, he absolutely has been. He'd be our top scorer.

You can use the stats to prove almost anything, like how prior to this season Leon Clarke has played almost 200 games and yet scored only 35 goals, averaging one every 5.6 matches. Before this season the most he has ever scored at this level in a season was 8. The stats also don't count his lack of mobility and stunning consistency when it comes to missing absolute sitters. One good season at the age of 33 says very little about him when before that his whole career points to the conclusion he is shite.

As for Cardiff their defensive record still surprises me as the individuals they have aren't that good. They regularly chuck a slow centre-half out at right-back who struggles to handle pace and overlapping defenders. Their left-back is clumsy and prone to committing stupid fouls. Bamba is good in the air and a unit yes, but he wasn't anything special for Leeds and again lacks mobility. Man's a slightly better Ivorian Danny Batth. Organisation not ability. It'll get you out this league but will struggle in the Prem.

It is fucking bananas to me that Iniesta is STILL playing at left wing after all these years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Crap by Walker, 1-0 Liverpool.

Shite by Walker, Salah offside...

Can't believe he has scored 38 goals this season

He was good at Roma but his finishing was awful at times. Wouldn't in a million years have bet he'd do what he's done this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Great strike.

Had an inkling Liverpool would win, still going to be tough to keep a clean sheet.

He still looks very ropey technically at times, think his biggest strength is his brain, his movement is fantastic and he constantly gets himself into positions where he can get those chances.

Some hit from Oxlade-Chamberlain for the 2nd, bit of pinball but made the most of it. Nearly always a good watch when it's Klopp v Guardiola, carnage v control.

Wow.

Laporte is getting massacred every single time.

City look absolutely lost at the minute, getting no pressure on Liverpool high up the pitch and getting very exposed by the pace of Liverpool's attackers.

3-0 is about right. It's been a battering.

Back