• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

It's a top finish.

Still dropped points for them though. Also further confirmation that in terms of ability, Gary Madine is one of the worst pound for pound signings by anyone in the last 20 years (he's fortunate that Hugill is even worse and went in the same window).

How the f..k do Cardiff keep doing that - they should have been dead & buried a long time ago

Not sure that it matters that much to us, but really!!

So predictable! At least they have dropped some points - and we can end their unbeaten run on Friday

The equaliser was obvious. They’ve done it all season.

Plenty of good fortune in the equaliser, certainly more so than skill, but they won 3-4 headers from that long punt and eventually it drops to one of their players for a chance. If you just keep battering at the door something will give way more often than not, they're not pretty but they're persistant.

I'd have taken that at the start of game.

Blades unlucky not to win, better finishing and they would have.

Yeah it doesn't matter too much because it means if we win tomorrow night, even if they beat us and they win their game in hand we are still 2 points ahead of them. Still, their unbeaten run is impressive and they clearly are a dogged, never say die team. Hate Warnock, hate his football, but he knows what he's doing at this level.

Assuming that we & they go up then we have a core of a team that can cope (though will need upgrades in certain positions) - they have very little that will at the higher level

One team filling a bottom 3 place leaves us less to worry about

Assuming that we & they go up then we have a core of a team that can cope (though will need upgrades in certain positions) - they have very little that will at the higher level

One team filling a bottom 3 place leaves us less to worry about
You'd have to think a game like today against better players than Sheff Utd have available would've left them with far too much to do to try and sneak a late point. Most Premier League sides would have been able to put plenty of daylight between them and Cardiff if given that amount of the ball and the sort of chances United were able to create.

Their defenders aren’t even any good. Manga was atrocious tonight and Bamba isn’t getting younger. Leon Clarke was giving them the run around tonight.

Their defenders aren’t even any good. Manga was atrocious tonight and Bamba isn’t getting younger. Leon Clarke was giving them the run around tonight.
Their defensive record seems to belie that statement.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Their defensive record seems to belie that statement.

By the same logic Leon Clarke's goal-scoring record would lead you to believe that he is a top championship striker.

By the same logic Leon Clarke's goal-scoring record would lead you to believe that he is a top championship striker.

No, you'd reckon he's a decent one. Which, this season, he absolutely has been. He'd be our top scorer.

Point being that the numbers tell the story if the season. Leon isn't a shining example but then I wasn't the one who brought him up.

Cardiff's defensive record, on the other hand, is the best in league and that isn't an accident.

Point being that the numbers tell the story if the season. Leon isn't a shining example but then I wasn't the one who brought him up.

Cardiff's defensive record, on the other hand, is the best in league and that isn't an accident.

Yeah down to organisation rather than individual brilliance. In the PL though players like Manga, Bamba and Bennett get shown up regardless how organised the unit is.

As I said Sheff Utd gave them the run around last night with career L1 players but couldn’t put the game to bed. In the PL they wouldn’t get the opportunity for all these last minute equalisers and winners from desperately chucking it in the Kenwood.

Last edited:
Back