• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

To me the really exceptional strikers have the ability to make their own goals, outside of the very occasionally long hit from outside the box Kane just doesn't do this. He's a modern day John Aldridge.

Kane is up there with the best ever in the premier league, this will be the 4th season in a row he’s scored over 20 goals in a season, 2nd quickest to 100 too. He works really hard on his game and has made himself a brilliant striker. I used to wonder how he’d do in another team but i think he’d score goals anywhere

No, I don't think he was, certainly not comparable to Messi, Ronaldo etc - sure he would say they same too. A world class finisher does not a world class striker make (or something like that).

How about Serie A, World Cup and Champions League winner Pippo Inzaghi?

Not a chance, too slow just for starters, very little ability to beat a player, not won anything at all, as far as I know? Happy to come back to this after the world cup too :)
You don't need to be quick to do what he does. Give me the ability to be in the right place at the right time over outright pace every day of the week when it comes to strikers.

He can finish off both feet, with his head, from distance and is good at linking the play.

He'll leave Spurs if they don't win anything soon. He's in the top five in his position in the world.

No, I don't think he was, certainly not comparable to Messi, Ronaldo etc - sure he would say they same too. A world class finisher does not a world class striker make (or something like that).

He plays a completely different way to Messi and Ronaldo. Harsh to compare him to them when their games are completely different.

Kane would score at the same rate as Messi & Ronaldo in their sides

Outside of Messi and Ronaldo I can't think of a better striker in the world. Suarez isn't close IMO.

Nobody is comparable to them. They've set a whole new level beyond 'world class'.

Suppose it comes down to what you want to see in a striker, I'd always much rather have and watch an Henry type than a Lineker type.

Messi and Ronaldo are both in the Top 6 of all time with Pele, Cruyff, Maradona and Best. You can't benchmark World class by them.

As a pure goalscoring centre forward there is no one better than Kane. The game is different these days so comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo is not really appropriate. He scores all types of goals too, name me a better central striker than him?
Lewandowski, best genuine centre forward going, does everything Kane can and more.

Lewandowski, best genuine centre forward going, does everything Kane can and more.

Possibly. Kane however has 5 years on him has a better Champions League goals per game record. 8 in 8 obviously nowhere near as many games of course. The Premier league is arguably a much more competitive competition and Kane has been playing in an inferior team than Bayern all his career.

You put Kane in the bundesliga and in Bayerns team he easily scores as many if not more.

Possibly. Kane however has 5 years on him has a better Champions League goals per game record. 8 in 8 obviously nowhere near as many games of course. The Premier league is arguably a much more competitive competition and Kane has been playing in an inferior team than Bayern all his career.

You put Kane in the bundesliga and in Bayerns team he easily scores as many if not more.
Perhaps, does he do everything as well as Lewandowski though? Think the Pole is the far better all round footballer.

I've seen that lots of Liverpool fans are furious with the decision for the 2nd penalty.

Having seen it from several angles, my initial thoughts range from "that's a clear penalty" all the way to "that's a clear penalty". What the hell are they complaining about?

I did try to factor in that unfortunate detail, yes. I thought they'd focus all their delusions on the first decision.

I did try to factor in that unfortunate detail, yes. I thought they'd focus all their delusions on the first decision.

My GF did. Spent ages trying to tell her why Lamela has a right to shove himself in there and get kicked. It's not fair! I think she fancies Van Dijk

I've seen that lots of Liverpool fans are furious with the decision for the 2nd penalty.

Having seen it from several angles, my initial thoughts range from "that's a clear penalty" all the way to "that's a clear penalty". What the hell are they complaining about?

It's been said on the radio that he was offside and then moved back to invite the kick although I'm not sure that's what they're complaining about...

Back