• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Changing the views of refs and their decision making is massive work imo.

I don't disagree with that.

Personally I think it's a separate skill set to analyse film and it shouldn't be a 'pitch' ref that does it. Be qualified as a referee but knowledge of film should be key here as perspective is critical. I think it's a whole new job.

I don't disagree with that.

Personally I think it's a separate skill set to analyse film and it shouldn't be a 'pitch' ref that does it. Be qualified as a referee but knowledge of film should be key here as perspective is critical. I think it's a whole new job.

Honestly i have no idea about that, not sure what difference it would make so can't comment but i do know that the referees aren't good enough, are reluctant to question themselves so having a current ref or someone who works with them as the VAR isn't going to work like it should. Your idea could work but like i say i have no idea and i can't think of a separate body away from the refs that could do it so it's a massive flaw and problem for me that i can't see a way around at the moment.

If they can find a way around that and make the decisions as quick as they were last night then it could work but i'm not convinced.

Derby v Bristol City.

Got to be hoping for a Bristol win here, if anything, haven't we?

I don't think anyone's catching us, so I'm easy. Draw does nowt for either, if Bristol City win then it allows us to open an even more cavernous gap tomorrow, if Derby win then that's six straight losses for Little Lee.

It feels unclean but a win for the shit side of Bristol would help us, hopefully combined with a thumping for those Cardiff wankers, and then Villa fucking up.

Not fussed as to the result - a Bristol win puts the 4 immediately below very close together so they can fight like rats in a sack for second

It feels unclean but a win for the $#@! side of Bristol would help us, hopefully combined with a thumping for those Cardiff $#@!ers, and then Villa $#@!ing up.

I feel weirdly disconnected from everything when someone posts something like this about how "x club is shite" or whatever and I'm just here like... "I like the pinstripes on the shirt".

Out of curiosity, would anyone else still take Huddlestone here?

It's easy. My father was a Bath City fan. My brother was born on the Rovers side of Bristol. I have a soft spot for Rovers.

Plus I hate Cardiff City for all sorts of reasons - my Welsh roots connect me to Llanelli by support (although I really probably should be a Neath fan by area). Anyway both those sides hate Cardiff. Plus, Colin Wanker..

It's easy. My father was a Bath City fan. My brother was born on the Rovers side of Bristol. I have a soft spot for Rovers.

Plus I hate Cardiff City for all sorts of reasons - my Welsh roots connect me to Llanelli by support (although I really probably should be a Neath fan by area). Anyway both those sides hate Cardiff. Plus, Colin $#@!er..

More a statement about how removed I am from the tribalism of British sport than anything about you, bud!

I think I've said so before but the only club I can really bring myself to root against is Liverpool, because there are so many bandwagon supporters here in the States and I just cannot abide their attitude. Even the likes of West Brom and Birmingham I just have no reason to dislike. Embarrassingly I almost started out supporting West Brom because I like the birdie on their badge.

Can’t believe it’s taken this long tbh...

Pad - my GF volunteers at Bath City at moment, and I was at a game there supporting non league day in 2016 with Kick It Out. Although I wouldn’t say it’s in the nicest part of Bath, there’s something I really liked about the club!

More a statement about how removed I am from the tribalism of British sport than anything about you, bud!

I think I've said so before but the only club I can really bring myself to root against is Liverpool, because there are so many bandwagon supporters here in the States and I just cannot abide their attitude. Even the likes of West Brom and Birmingham I just have no reason to dislike. Embarrassingly I almost started out supporting West Brom because I like the birdie on their badge.

West Brom I can accept, but if you knew anything about Blues, their fans, their past owners and where their club is you’d see why they’re detested.

West Brom I can accept, but if you knew anything about Blues, their fans, their past owners and where their club is you’d see why they’re detested.

I have definitely gotten the feeling that the Birmingham rivalry goes well beyond the pitch.

Can’t believe it’s taken this long tbh...

Pad - my GF volunteers at Bath City at moment, and I was at a game there supporting non league day in 2016 with Kick It Out. Although I wouldn’t say it’s in the nicest part of Bath, there’s something I really liked about the club!
I'm assuming the football club doesn't share with the rugby club then as they've got a hell of a setting.

I love Twerton Park. The old terrace at one end, which we used as our end when we played Rovers there has a row of houses overlooking it. My dad was born in one of those houses.

Poor from Vydra there.

Back