• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

This has been a poor game I agree the red card was harsh.

Harsh red card as well for me, ref could have given him another foul as he didn't meant to foul Donaldson but got his leg caught in the turf.

Probably a bit harsh, but as he was already on a yellow card, it was not the wisest decision to go in like he did.

Probably a bit harsh, but as he was already on a yellow card, it was not the wisest decision to go in like he did.

Agreed Frank. Think referees do need to be more lenient though with mistimed sliding tackles. I know that's not their fault as the directive comes from higher up but common sense needs to come into play that sometimes fouls are going to happen and not all mistimed sliding tackles need to be yellow cards.

Fully understand why he sent him off even if i think it was harsh.

Anyone else think he wasn't going to be booked?.
Ref didn't seem that bothered by the tackle but the player started to protest and it looked to me like he irked the ref.

Yeah thinking about it then it did look like that.

Yes, had the same feeling..it was his talking that got the ref overboard in the end.

Absolute nonsense sending off for Sunderland. N'Dong's foot unluckily ran over the ball and caught the player. It wasn't even a booking though, never mind a red.

Was another soft red to be fair Sunderland have been putrid.

They have one player who has enough for this level. It's a bad time for them.

Arsenal are so pedestrian around the box. Wilshere's re-emergence has been knocked flat by losing Sanchez and maybe Ozil while Lacazette has turned into an expensive Joselu.

Think Iwobi looks much improved the few times I've seen him this season, getting some good football down that side between him, Bellerin and the two in midfield. Welbeck and Lacazette both look well off the pace, sluggish and weak so far struggling to have any real impact on the game.

It's all very neat and tidy up until the final third, but zero cutting edge.

That's pathetic from Lacazette there, floored by gently walking into the man mountain that is Lewis Cook.

Some of moaning from Gunners fans though...

Talk about a bunch of entitled self-indulgent greedy wankers. Try a trip to the Championship and see how that feels.

How did Kevin Friend not give the penalty there? Staring right at it.

I'm not wrong in remembering Welbeck being pretty quick am I? He looks like he'd struggle to run my old man round the outside today!

I'm not wrong in remembering Welbeck being pretty quick am I? He looks like he'd struggle to run my old man round the outside today!

Used to be, two serious injuries have done for that.

Bellerin scrapes one over the line to give Arsenal the lead.

That was the Stephen Ward 2012 school of defending from Charlie Daniels.

Back